Temporary user profiles created every now and then after installing latest version

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by epmoj, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickster_uk

nickster_uk Registered Member

Absolutely stunned the new build has not been released as yet....really poor form ESET! :doubt:

2. chromiumdomium

chromiumdomium Registered Member

Me too, I gave-up on ESET SS for a number of reasons - this included. Although I have a contract for ESS I'm using Nod32, supplemented with Threatfire at the moment. I've decided Windows 7 firewall is good enough from behind my router.

I doubt Eset will be getting any renewals money for its Smart Security product from me in the future, due to the tardiness of it's response in this area.

It's fairly fundamental to the products usefulness if it keeps creating temporary user profiles each time you re-boot. I've noticed other anomalies too , not sure if they are directly related, but whilst I used ESS and the Temp profile thing was going on stuff from my wife's user profile was being saved into the my documents area of my profile and vice versa from MS Office products. Possibly not related, but it's curiously cleared up since I removed smart security a few months back!

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

to be honest it's only since v4 i had problems so i stayed with v3 but then i upgraded to windows 7 and to cut a long story short have actually only used 3 months of a 2 year license. so i think eset have made quite enough money from me.
    never say die, i still have a couple of months left, im guessing the next build will be v5 as it's seeming to take longer than usual and v4 has been out ages now. So i may try the next one but will be sure so back up first after my last experience.
    the progress has tbh been painfully slow.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v4.2.58 has been released, which contains a fix for this issue.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. oddie

oddie Registered Member

Yes I have it installed appears to have solved the issue, as well as Windows Live Mail crashes which has been around since the release of 4.2.

Shame it took so long to remedy both these issues, unfortunately I have new security s/w ready to go when the licenses expire for ESS.

6. chiguire

chiguire Registered Member

we running eset nod32 antivirus 4.2.64.12 and there are several computers in our network that have experienced this issue. with some of them they were able to logon fine after a reboot, with others, that didn't work and we had to completely configure the user's profile again.

7. Computec

Computec Registered Member

Same issue for Windows 2003R2 TS clients, the log normal, but every morning in the first logon, a temporary profile is created. Rebboting the server solves this for current day.... next morning same issue.
    Disabling ESSBE firewall, and issue disapear....

Att.
    Daniel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.