Tell Me More About These Please

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cumlaude74, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cumlaude74

cumlaude74 Registered Member

I just want tell you about a little feature that i cant find it in NOD32 compare with other antivirus like kaspersky and symantec product.

In Kaspersky ... If I am downloading a file from internet, Kaspersky will tell me soon ( Give a warn) about that files in 10% - 25% downloaded like contains password, malware or other ... I think Kaspersky can scan archive files although the files doesnt complete and it give us the first preventation BUT NOD32 cant do it, just warn if I will extract the files contains virus, malware, etc .. I like in future NOD32 had it features too as the first security

other features ... the folder instalation of NOD32 is too weak so anyone can copy or enter any patch with easy like nodlogin or patch dosume..... in Symantec product the folder instalation is very strongth nothing can copy or add any patch or files

If a virus/malware/trojan/etc that didnt know by NOD32 although in advance feature ( make my PC slow if I use it) , that virus very easy enter and add data to folder instalation of NOD32 but in Kaspersky or Symantec .. all nothing can do it by that virus/trojan/malware/etc

that all I knew but I always use NOD32 till now coz less memory in use, thats all I hope about the Antivirus in future .. Less memory but very strongth protector

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello!

You can choose between two modes of web access protection - active and passive. Passive scans file during downloading and active wait until whole file is downloaded and then it will check it.

Yes, protection of program is important and should be one from priorities.

3. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

I always thought it was the other way round. Active scans file while downloading and passive waited until the whole file was downloaded.

4. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Interesting how pirated software comes up here.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to make any AV solution to stop working with admin rights. The only difference is that it's a bit more difficult with certain AVs, but it's never impossible once you have admin rights.

6. cumlaude74

cumlaude74 Registered Member

thanks for all respon

Once again to know why Eset dont provide update in saturday and sunday so in monday till 10 a.m in my country .. I think in that days all internet is busy too coz all people like in my country use internet and maybe new virus etc doing attacker in that days

my friend said kaspersky update in seven days in a weeks, nothing loss days :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanks

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The number of updates doesn't tell much about how well you are protected. For instance, we could release an update every hour during a weekend, each with one new obscured signature added. It wouldn't protect you more if these threats existed only in virus lab collections and were not spread over the Internet.

If there's a new threat being spread, we can react to it 24 hours 7 days a week and issue a new update immediately.

8. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

IMO Self-protection and a behaviour blocker would really help Eset get better:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.