Tech Support - Where For Art Thou?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pedrinsky, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedrinsky

pedrinsky Registered Member

So, does tech support answer any emails?

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

I assume that you have logged into your Acronis account and logged a support call?

If you post your issue on this Forum then there is a good chance that you could receive a response from one of the Forum guru's in minutes rather than days.

3. Volatile

Volatile Registered Member

I've seen it take days, although when I do get a response so far they have been 100% in helping me determine the resolution.

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

They're leaving in droves. And rightfully so.

5. pedrinsky

pedrinsky Registered Member

I'd be happy with days, not weeks. Site's really fast at saying they received my help call, just a little slow getting on from there. I have found this forum useful in solving one problem posted, the other I just worked and worked only to find uninstalling and re-installing did the trick. Still one issue outstanding that I think I will see what type of response I get from the East Indian techies. I've been through 2 backup programs before this and it seems backup software and the companies that produce it are the worst for customer/product support. The last one (GenieSoft) just kept saying, "Buy the upgrade". Oh well, I hope TrueImage works when I need it. Has anybody recovered from a crash with this stuff? It's a good thing car companies don't release autos for the general public to prove out the engineering and do the bug finding - then again, I guess they do. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.:)

6. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

TI has saved my bacon a few times. Couldn't get up and running no matter what "tricks" I tried. I was up and running in 10-15 minutes using my rescue disk.
    I am now starting to get a bit over confidant. I have even used it to get rid of persistant adware and worms by simply recovering. Wish I had bought TI years ago.

7. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

A reminder for all.....

The only backup archive that you can be sure about is the one that you have successfully test-restored. In the case of data files this is a simple process because you can easily test-restore to any spare partition.

In the case of the operating system partition the ONLY way that you can be sure that your archive will restore is if you restore it to a spare disk and then boot your system from that disk. There is no shortcut.

And it does not matter if you are using True Image, Ghost, Copy Commander or the next Gee-Whiz product by the next Gee-Whiz company - the same principle applies, irrespective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.