Teatimer, Winpatrol, Regdefend or Process Guard?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by quadrophonic, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

What's the latest consensus on the freeware versions of the above?

I've been using Teatimer from Safer Networking (the resident shield of Spybot S&D) along with Javacool's Spyware Guard, and they both seem to detect registry changes. I know from reading this forum that some feel that Teatimer is obsolete because Spybot S&D doesn't have as many signature definitions as other programs. Right now, the Teatimer icon is telling me that over 27,000 processes are blacklisted.

I've been reading about how much better Winpatrol is, and Regdefend looks like quite a strong program.

I'm also currently running NOD32, ZA Pro, and AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 free with an MVPS HOSTS file, and may add IE-Spyad. I also use a host of on-demand anti-spyware scanners. I have Siteadvisor running in Firefox, but not in IE6, as I only use IE6 with known sites. I think Firefox has gotten so bloated :'( , that IE6 actually seems lighter and faster! :doubt:

If I switch from Teatimer to one of the others, should I still run the Javacool stuff (Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.