tds3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by jargonize, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jargonize

jargonize Registered Member

i'm sure this has asked before, but can't find it.
    i'm testing tds3, just downloaded last nite, ran the (normal) scan today. it took 74 min. is this normal?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello jargonize and welcome to the forum,
    For a full system scan with all options checked could be, depends on your system. Does not sound really long for a fully loaded system.
    Remember the Full System Scan is a heavy process, scanning multythreaded and trying to use as much CPU as possible, to speed up the process. So it is advisable to scan when you're not around the pc for some time and have other applications and other windows which you don't mean at the moment all closed.

3. jay111

jay111 Registered Member

:eek:
    hi there !
    thats pretty good !
    i have a pentium 111 550mhz 512SDRam
    mine takes quick scan 1 hour
    normal scan 90 minutes
    full system scan about 110 to 120 minutes.
    as Jooske mentioned do it just before you go out .
    regards
    jay111 :D

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

>do it just before you go out

or sleep or cook or eat or shower or ... whatever brings you away from the screen for an expected while :)

5. jargonize

ok, thanks people, havn't done the full scan yet just the (normal) one it picked up a leaktest, must have forgot to delete. didn't know what expect. my av takes about 20 min. so i thought something might be wrong. :)

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

74 minutes for turning every piece of data on your system inside out upside down and decompress, unpack and upzip and copy code and do several other things with it to snipe out every possible malicious intention from any piece of code all to protect your valuable system does not really sound much. It's the difference why TDS finds so much till the deepest areas on your system which might keep untouched by most other scanners.
    Many scanners dance over the files and if for instance one nasty is found in a file many don't look further if there is more the matter.
    I've posted in these threads before i ever submitted a file for an online check which was found clean but Gavin found it to contain a spybot which was infected by some virus and stat whole packet again with some other virus, i had other samples with two or more viruses carried forth by spybots which were detected just as one virus, all ignoring the other stuff.
    These were all samples as i got them in via internet.
    Might suppose with an installed registered version without restrictions of the same software there would be a better detection w2ith such samples, but lot of scanners don't look further once something is found in a file.

I'm sure your imagination can compare this to live situations: person is home with flu and hungry and thirsty with no shoppings and in frustration you hurt your toe for kicking a wall. Person is ill, taking rest will recover, uncomfortable in the meantime. Or one goes deeper into the problem and looks at the individual problems and causes and solutions, if needed more help is called in.
    A scanner could say sick person, stay home.
    TDS will uncover each individual problem, it would tell you the person has flu and a sore toe and hunger and thirst and headache for frustration if not related to the flu and give you options to look into the finds, ask extra advice, keep the whole diagnose in a txt file or delete individual parts, in the person case eliminate the problems by curing them.

7. jargonize

i'm sold, sent a check today. but i might have another question or two later. i do like things that work out of the box, to me it says someone worked hard to make it that way.

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi jargonize,
    Congratulations with one of the best buys in your life, and welcome to the TDS family.
    At receiving your registration key also ask access to the TDS private areas after registering for the DCS forum at the DCS site (link in my sig here) for even more information.

You know questions we're always happy with as we all learn from them, also new users reading the forums!

In the meantime happy playing around with your TDS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.