TDS3 did not see 3 trojans, Nod 32 did

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tony64, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

Hi all,

I performed a full system scan but TDS did not see 3 trojans . I could identify them after a full scan with Nod32.... o_O My radius is the latest one.

I'll post them to TDs for analysis......Strange.....isnt'it ?

cheers

Tony

2. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Well, make sure that your scanning options are set to be thorough enough. Who knows, they might have been in compressed archives but your TDS wasn't instructed to look there. Otherwise, just be grateful that your AV caughtt hem, and it's very possible that you might be in a situation where the opposite happens...all part of a layered defense :)

3. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

as nod is running resident i'd like to know if you disabled nod32 when tds was scanning?

you see nod will lock the files, preventing tds-s from scanning them, if it is running in the background

try it again, this time disable nod or do the scan in safe mode

4. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

Hi illukka

I get what you say. Nod was active. However, TDS "captured" manytimes trojans with Nod running in the background. I'll try what you say next time since these trojans have been eliminated.

Tks

Tony

5. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

those are cases where the trojans were undetected by nod32.. altho nods trojan detection has improved vastly, there are still hundreds of trojans that it doesn't know.. but i'd say thats why you bought tds-3 for ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.