TDS3 and RAMpage

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mike 714x, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike 714x

Mike 714x Registered Member

Sorry if this is a repeat or if I missed the topic before-- TDS3 suddenly started detecting some activity in my rampage.exe file:

Scan Control Dumped @ 07:13:29 13-01-04
    Positive identification: TrojanDropper.Win32.Small.o
    File: c:\program files\rampage\rampage.exe

Scanning the entire rampage folder, all the files in the folder came up positive. I then downloaded the lastest TDS3 database ( I do that every couple of days) and the files no longer come up positive.

Was there a problem with the prior database that was causing the false positive, since the latest database does not detect the problem, or should I be looking deeper into my system for some other problem. Thanks.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Mike and welcome.
    The database has been refined to avoid legal programs to be detected for the same code parts used in a specific nasty. If it would now still alarm on your files, there would be all reasons to look deeper into the alarms!

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Yes this is corrected on the newest database (with 31151 references)

If you still have the alarm then send the file to us please, submit@diamondcs.com.au

4. Mike 714x

Mike 714x Registered Member

Yes Gavin- it seems to have been corrected in the latest database, as you pointed out. Thanks for the quick response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.