TDS won't minimize to system tray

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by compdrug, Jul 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. compdrug

compdrug Guest

I have TDS-3 installed on a Windows XP Pro machine . I have have TDS checked to start with Windows and also minimize to the system tray. TDS-3 never does minimize to the system tray.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Compdrug, welcome!
    Whereto does it minimize then?
    I just last night installed it on somebody's XP home and it minimized perfect to the systray with a nice quick-launch or to the taskbar if chosen that, except when i locked the taskbar, then i had some trouble finding it back while it was active in the task manager.

3. compdrug

compdrug Guest

Jooske,

Thank you for your welcome.

It does not minimize anywhere. It just stays at the normal state on my desktop. I have to then minimize it maually.
    Never had this happen on my Windows 98 SE machine.

4. compdrug

compdrug Guest

Jooske,

I just got home and check my taskbar. It is not locked. So, I played around with it and still the programs refuses to minimize to the system tray. The programs just stays fully up on the desktop. However, the icon is present in the system tray as well.

Any other ideas? Or anyone else?

:(

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Is it just TDS or other programs as well?
    I know there has been written about it but couldn't find those postings from the DCS ream yet.
    Does the wcreen resolution differ much from the win98 system?

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Minimise to tray means minimise there WHEN you tell TDS to..

Do you have Startup set to minimised as well ? :)

7. compdrug

compdrug Guest

No. It does not happen with any of the other programs I use that minimize to the system tray.

I do not recall the screen resolution of my Win98 box. I think it was 800x600. However, I tried that approach of trying different screen resolutions. This also did not help. I may do a re-install and see if that helps.

8. compdrug

compdrug Guest

Yes. I also tried other combinations. It even won't minimize to the taskbar.

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Is it from the first moment of install on this system?
    Is this the older download or the new 5mb download?
    I don't think there should be much difference with this console on XP home and Pro or the SP-s should make problems, as i had it running fine on that other person's XP home sp1 on his laptop with rather high screen resolution.
    I'm used to have it minimized to wherever i tell it to with clicking the [-] button. I tried on that system from the tray icon and systray icon too, all no problem.
    So there must be another reason.

Required system files?
    Did you check those? Yours ship with XP and if anything would like to overwrite them there has been a warning. So those should be able to be restored if necessary.

10. compdrug

compdrug Guest

Jooske,

I appreciate all the time you have given me.

Yes. it was from the moment of the first install.

I am using the original file that was supplied to me when I registered plus the 3.2.1 update.

Well I do not know of any changes to any files. I do run a program called IBM Client Access. This app can be tricky in that it does change many files that can cause some programs to stop functioning. However, I had this app running with TDS on my Win 98 box with no problems.

I recently ran into a problem with one app I purchased causing a runtime error. As per their tech supp, I was told to install the latest WSH, MDAC and VB runtime files. Now everything is refreshed and solved the problem with that app. But, this was happening with TDS before the problem with the other app.

Maybe, I should uninstall this version and try the new one. However, as far as I have read, this is not necessary according to DCS in an earlier post.

Still, an option though.

You say you manually like to minimize it which is a matter of preference. I personally like to see automation, especially that it has this, and get down right down to work from the desktop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.