TDS Scripting

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

HI OpenSource,

I'm not sure I understood you correctly.

Are you saying the it is dangerous to have SS3 open property associated with the Script Editor? If so, can you please (again:) ) explain why?

Also, you mention returning the SS3 properties back to the "proper settings", by this do you mean associating with wscript? If I am not mistaken, while SS3 is heavily based on VBS they are not the same and SS3 includes some things that VBS cannot handle so I do not think this is a viable option. My own SS3 scripts are associated in the same manner as Blaze's currently is and they run fine as is. I am willing to bet that if Blaze tried any of the other SS3 scripts within TDS that does not have any reliance on MSAgent they will likely work fine for him.

TIA,

Dan

2. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

To put Dan's comment into other words (forgive me, Dan :rolleyes: ):

unlike vbs files or scripts embedded in html files, ss3 files are not meant to be executed by having a doubleclick launch windows scripting engine. They can only be used by loading/running them from within TDS.
    (I admit I don't know if the vbs engine would execute a ss3 file if it contained only valid vbs code and no tds-stuff... anyway...)

So, if the doubleclick on ss3 files is not even remotely used to launch them, you can just as well associate the files with your favourite text editor and have the doubleclick load the ss3 file for editing. (I have ss3 files associated with UltraEdit).

CU,
    Andreas

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

Sorry guys i didnt think id be causeing so many probes.
    To my frind jooskey i look in tds there are no 0 files or 0kb files like you asked me to look for.

you also wanted pick of my scripts with extentions showeing ok here

hope this help

4. Mr.Blaze

:DDan Perez will when i double click on the vbs script look what shows up is that normal

5. Mr.Blaze

:D i think this what open source talking about under folder options under file types does you ss3 script thing look like mine?

6. Mr.Blaze

:eek: i just try runing dan Wscript.Echo "Hello, Blaze!"
    Untitled1.SS3 on tds and it dont work all SS3 scripts will not load or run in tds even waynes

7. Dan Perez

@ Andreas:

Thanks! :D I completely missed that aspect :eek:

@ Blaze:

If you go to Folder Options -> File Types (such as you did in the pic 2 posts ago) and once you have SS3 highlighted, click on the "Advanced" button. You should see something along the lines of my onw pic. In particular,

You should have only three properties listed,

None of the three should be in BOLD

You should have only one "Open" property

Attached Files:

8. Mr.Blaze

:D Like this now what? was supose to do something by the way yours look way cooler then mine why

9. Dan Perez

As to the difference in appearance, I have both Hoverdesk and WindowBlinds loaded which allow you to COMPLETELY change the appearance of the deskop, taskbar, windows elements, etc.

The URLs are

http://www.hoverdesk.net/

http://www.windowblinds.net/

I have the Azarro them loaded through each application which looks like

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/913895

BTW- Most of the Themes for WindowBlinds and HoverDesk can be viewed on deviantart

I get occasional lockups of Hoverdesk but I DO have lots of apps loaded so it may be that.

-- break ---

Back to the topic at hand :)

it seems as if there may be some issue with the TDS install, now that we know that WSH is working properly, your SS3 properties seem to be okay, you may want to try reinstalling TDS on top of your current install and see if that does the trick

10. Mr.Blaze

:Dtds will let me install over the old tds ok ill try that thx Dan

11. Mr.Blaze

brb im reinstall tds

12. Mr.Blaze

:Doh man im so scared to post i know how frustrated people going to feel but for the record you all love me remember that and keep that in mind.

blaze back up a few feet looks at crowd hmmmmm backs up a few more feet hmmmmm beter get a head lead towards door lol

blaze blurts out reinstall didnt fix it lol _-_--__-_-__-__--___------_-_-___----__-_--- :eek:

13. Dan Perez

heh. heh. heh

okay, let's regroup. If I remember right you installed the core component of MSAgent which may not have been needed since you are running XP right? If so, you might check in Add/remove programs if you can remove it there (I didn't see it on my Win2k machine). If you can remove it, fine, do so. Either way, why don't you try looking here... well, it may be in a different place in XP...in Add/Remove programs you can go to a different section to Add/Remove Windows components. If you have that in XP open up each of those and look for something having to do with its implementation of the MS Agent setup. The idea is that you want to select to remove it, do a reboot, and then select to re-add it. Make sure throughout these steps to cross your fingers AND your toes as this is a very necessary troubleshooting technique (heretofore known to PROs only)

14. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In screenshot in answer #78 you see the icon associated to SS3 scripts as VBS, while in the next shot the SS3 engine is associated to a DOC icon.
    That you at doubleclicking an SS3 file in explorer get the SS3 editor opened with the script in it is fine!
    Maybe in the screenshots #81/82 you're able to change the icon to the DOC, but this is up to you.

MSagent once installed has no way to be removed.
    I wonder how to get it back from the XP install cd-rom. I looked on the msagent site at MS, there is a warning XP users don't need to get that part as it's on the cd-rom already, i searched through the trouble bases but this point was not there.
    In fact i would think if MS software finds anything newer it would not overwrite the existing files with your new download.
    When in TDS > Process List > Agentsvr.exe click "more" and see the file details.
    Mine is 2.00.0.2202 which is a version for all except XP.
    Do you have the same or another version? In case another one, you should not worry for that part.
    If you have the cokemachine, in that is a jokes.exe which can run from anywhere on your system and a helpfile exe. If you click one of those, does the Genie jump up with his story?

There is something more i just realise seeing your screenshots:
    i wrote them all to run from the TDS-3\Scripts\CokeMachine directory
    Your path is different!!!
    Can you give this try: if you don't have, create a directory TDS-3\Scripts\CokeMachine and put a few scripts there and try now again to load them from TDS > SS3 > Load Script

Please tell me this is the solution?!

In that case you should be able to run all the other scripts too. Is that right?

15. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Well, XP pro shows this version for Agent server:
    Version by properties: 2.0.0.3422

Attached Files:

16. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Great, thanks Alan!
    Now waiting for Blaze to react on those BURNING questions!

17. Mr.Blaze

:cool:LOL GUYS IM ON WIN ME NOT XP BUT I DO HAVE WORD 2003 INSTALL ON MY PC

jooskey remember last time i couldnt load my ms agents in my word 2001 0r 2002 it sucked but in word 2003 they talk and everything lol

and all ms agets i put in my msagent folder show up as selectable charcters in microsoft word office assistant

here jooskey i think you wanted this pic

i just cant seem to run any vbs script in tds

18. Dan Perez

Windows ME!... WINDOWS ME!!!!... heh, heh I need to backup and regroup and do dome searches brb

19. Dan Perez

20. Mr.Blaze

lollmao lol omg i have a pariot on my screen cracking jokes at me this is so coooooolllllllllll now he munching on his foot

21. Mr.Blaze

:D cool he does stuff when he bored

22. Mr.Blaze

lol he just sang to me way coooooool

23. Dan Perez

Cool, so we now know that

1. WSH is working properly

2. MS Agent is working properly

3. SS3 properties are set correctly

This seems to leave only TDS but I can't see how :(

I just noticed (I only recently reloaded MS Agent on my system ) that while I do get audio when I do the speak command at the TDS Console Command line I cannot get, for instance, InnerPeace to run properly. I get the first msgbox with the start button but nothing following. Strange.

24. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Huho_O?
    Dolf

25. Mr.Blaze

:D will your lucky at least you get some vbs code to work in your tds on mine none of it works what i find strange is tds welcome blaze works in audio

you know that option that tds has to greet you that works

but no vbs scripts .ss3 thinghys dont work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.