TDS refuses to start

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by SMaus, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Now congratulations for having TDS back in business.

If you now look, are all four programs NOD, BOClean and Leech and the backup thing all correct working, with the exeption of BOClean acting weird?
    Pleace make of this situation your restore point.
    And reboot, and look if everything is ok now.

It can be your scanners are uncertain about the definitions files, so it might be OK after the next update, but try them anyway and let us know then if all is back. At least have all your updates for all scanners.

Oh yeah, you had the autostartviewer and Hijackthis files from the not working situation, hope you saved those logs and now please from the current situation save another log, so you can compare them and see if there are any differences.

I do realise it takes lots of deep digging into file versions etc (maybe you like fabertoys for that www.faberbox.com as a very handy tool which displays all related to a process in one blink of the eye -- we didn't mention this gem quite some time while it is a very nice tool! and free of course) but it might answer what changed.

Do the other two programs work properly too, leech and the backup thing?

TDS normally runds fine with NOD32, BOClean, the other two i don't know, so can't tell you. If NOD32 and BOClean could have an issue together that is like Jan says a good idea to post that in another thread in euhmmmmm other security software maybe or in the NOD forum.
    Or it could be one of the other programs or like written above a completelyu different program like a firewall, a security update of anything, etc.
    This was the reason for asking you to try to go back point for point and find out which program was installed at that time and might have been responsible for the problem.

I do hope of course in the current restore all is functioning well, also all programs you installed after that (if that is possible after a system restore - thought only data was kept and programs have to be intalled again maybe?)

2. SMaus

SMaus Registered Member

Thanks for your kind reply. Things have changed significantly since this morning, problems have been solved almost completely.
    After an update from Opera 7.50 to 7.51 my complete system was spoiled so thoroughly that even a system restore wasn't possible. The message came "restore not possible". The only way to come out of this was a complete re-installation of XP. I almost installed Linux and I'm still thinking about it.
    Besides XP and the drivers for graphics, soundcard etc. I'm just running Firefox and Thunderbird right now. No Word, no backup, no LeechGet, no nothing.
    My system is protected by NOD32, BoClean, Wormguard, Spybot, Spywareblaster (with firefox protection - very interesting) and, of course, TDS-3 with exec protection enabled. The system runs very smoothely up to now.
    I know - this is no BoClean support therefore briefly: BoClean ran normally after reboot this morning. No hangups, no crash, no problems together with TDS.
    A firewall is no issue for me since I'm sitting behind a router which is sitting behind a GateLock X200.
    So my XP is like a virgin and TDS and the other stuff as well with no problems concerning TDS in conjunction with BoClean or whatever.
    At least...

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sorry to hear about the trouble Opera gave you. Remember if you would get to Linux you would miss all that beloved software. Start with a linuxs firewall then or a Linux partition to practise with. Not sure what you want to do with Opera after this experience! No ProcessGuard and RegProtect yet? And PortExplorer and CryptoSuite? There used to be an issue between BOClean and NOD32, which might be solved with later updates from the one or the other.
    Hope with your Opera upgrade you did have all your scanners and resident protection closed! Even on XP that is really important and so easily forgotten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.