TDS locking in scanning?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jooske, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I copy this part of Lori's message in another thread, to keep things at least a little bit in the subjects where they belong.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=21;action=post;threadid=3680;title=Post%2Breply;start=0

Lori, logging in what, where?
    You installed, updated with the last radius from the site in the TDS directory, and what exactly is happening or when does it freeze in your feeling?
    Can you do all the different scans from the menu individually?
    Is it during the Full System Scan which is a rather intensive process and i recommend to run as little other processes as possible during that to have all resources for that action.
    What happens too, the memory scans take some time and might seem nothiong is happening but they are and after some moments/ minutes (depends on the system) you suddenly see next lines and results of some scanning.
    I have my startup for instance with every scan option checked but no FSS at startup, that i do manually later or in the night when i don't need the system.

You might have noticed if you then look in contr+alt+del it shows "TDS not responding" but after a while with the new lines looking again it should be normal "TDS" again.
    Also TDS doesn't really like it if you try to use menu options during it's scanning process; if you really can't wait, give it time to show you the option you want to use. But for instance the helpfile you can also start from the directory.

Does this help?

For the trial period: it is really 30 days. I'm not sure if you buy today for instance when the money will be taken from the CC or whatever payment option you use. That information only sales@diamondcs.com.au can give you.

2. Hummer

Hummer Registered Member

I found a program that when its running and you open TDS-3 after it is already running, causes TDS-3 to start clicking the hard drive big time and also makes TDS-3 (Not Respond). The program is:

Auction Station (www.stationsoftware.com)

Not sure what incompatibility is occuring here but maybe its related to Lori's problem.

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

In this case, the OCX dependencies should resolve the problem. See the Required System Files thread :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.