TDS launches MS agent?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tutankamon, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi all,
    I notice that when I run TDS3 it scans the running processes, it shows MS agent serv, now I know that MS agent was not running beforehand, so it looks like TDS3 is launching it. I do not have "greet with speech" selected, so why does TDS still need MS agent?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

It is launched standard with TDS for those who want to use the speech and other scripting capacities with msagent; you can kill it's process but remember it takes very little resources when not in use and other windows applicationslike office or other speech applications use it too. If you kill it in some cases it means you have to reboot to be able to use the other msagent-demanding applications at all.

3. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi Jooske,
    Thanks for the quick response, I seem to recall reading on a website, that you should kill "MSAgent serv" if you are not using it for speech, wizards, etc, etc. so, as I had not selected "greet with speech", I did not expect "MSAgent serv" to be launched. We live and learn, ( some of us just live)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.