TDS having trouble scanning .avi

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Spray-on Dust, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spray-on Dust

Spray-on Dust Registered Member

Hi again. :D

I have 7 episodes of Arrested Development in .avi format on my computer. Today I tried to scan them with TDS by right clicking and highlighting them all, then right clicking and hitting scan with TDS-3. I already had TDS opened and minimized to the system tray. When I restored it to the desktop, it said scanning file etc etc .avi. Then it didn't proceed any further. It gave me no confirmation at all that the scanner had completed it's job or had found anything. So I tried it again and nothing. Then I tried just scanning one avi at a time. Still nothing. It's stuck on that step. I then downloaded Trojan Hunter and scanned them and they all came back clean.

Any idea what could be going on?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

TDS3 does not cope very well with large files over 500MB or corrupted multipart .zip / .rar files.

TDS4 will not have this problem.

Thanks. Pilli

3. Spray-on Dust

Spray-on Dust Registered Member

Thanks, Pilli. That makes sense but just so you know these files are only 175 mb's to 223 mb.

-Spray-on Dust

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

You will only see a report int he lower console window if there is malware present. such as:
    Main console:
    08:21:21 [File Scan] Scanning file C:\Documents and Settings\Pilli\Desktop\WG.txt.exe

Lower Console:
    08:24:16 17-12-04 Suspicious Filename: Dual extensions

Otherwise you just get this:
    Mian Console:
    08:21:55 [File Scan] Scanning file C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Aware.exe

And no lower console report

TDS4 will be a bit more friendly when a scan is complete :)

HTH Pilli

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  5. kairii

kairii Registered Member

from my experience tds-3 doesn't scan selected group of files or folders......it only scan the 1st one on the list...and ignore the rest....

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi kairii, Yes that is correct. If you have a folder you regularly want to scan you can set up a folder scan as shown in my screeshot below. When added to the scan list you can use scan control to scan the pre-set folder.

Pilli :)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.