TDS for a TrojanHunter user

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by SimonW, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Hi,
    Currently I run TrojanHunter (purchased before I'd heard of TDS) and am just curious how TDS compares. I've downloaded the trial and it does seem impressive (& comprehensive!), however a couple of questions I'd like to know more about:

I understand that the full version has a resident scanner as per TrojanHunter.
    What is the overhead of running this? Or should I adopt a scan-on-demand appoach?

When I look at my ProcessGuard log, the resident part of TrojanHunter keeps checking all running tasks all the time and needs to be given full access - is this the same for TDS or does it work differently?

Any other pros/cons I should be aware of?

Many thanks
    Simon

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Somon, Glad your are trying TDS :)

Execution protection is a hook and is only active momentarilly when a file is loaded, this method creates a very small time lag when a file is opened, this is not usually noticeable on modern hardware.

In Process Guard I only have the first four block flags enabled + Close Message Handling.

HTH Pilli

3. xxxx

xxxx Guest

Be it naive or stupid in my postmodern trojan ways, I use both. Rather, call me a baffling paranoid who thinks more is definitely better. There are subtle differences between the two applications which provide a variation to the layered protection. But the outcome may be all the same depending on from which angle you're sucked into. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.