TDS for a TrojanHunter user

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by SimonW, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Leicester, UK
    Currently I run TrojanHunter (purchased before I'd heard of TDS) and am just curious how TDS compares. I've downloaded the trial and it does seem impressive (& comprehensive!), however a couple of questions I'd like to know more about:

I understand that the full version has a resident scanner as per TrojanHunter.
    What is the overhead of running this? Or should I adopt a scan-on-demand appoach?

When I look at my ProcessGuard log, the resident part of TrojanHunter keeps checking all running tasks all the time and needs to be given full access - is this the same for TDS or does it work differently?

Any other pros/cons I should be aware of?

Many thanks
  2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Hampshire UK
    Hi Somon, Glad your are trying TDS :)

Execution protection is a hook and is only active momentarilly when a file is loaded, this method creates a very small time lag when a file is opened, this is not usually noticeable on modern hardware.

In Process Guard I only have the first four block flags enabled + Close Message Handling.

HTH Pilli
  3. xxxx

xxxx Guest

Be it naive or stupid in my postmodern trojan ways, I use both. Rather, call me a baffling paranoid who thinks more is definitely better. There are subtle differences between the two applications which provide a variation to the layered protection. But the outcome may be all the same depending on from which angle you're sucked into. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.