TDS can't open file as it's locked

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by deerfern, Dec 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deerfern

deerfern Registered Member

Whenever I scan my H: Drive, TDS-3 comes up with the following three errors (2 look the same to me):

Couldn't open
    D:\Program Files\PC Health\DiamondCS\TDS3\xDynamic\TDS.Unpk\patch.exe for read access, file is locked

Couldn't open
    D:\Program Files\PC Health\DiamondCS\TDS3\xDynamic\TDS.Unpk\patch.exe for read access, file is locked

Couldn't open
    D:\Program Files\PC Health\DiamondCS\TDS3\xDynamic\TDS.Unpk\splitter.exe for read access, file is locked

However, when I go to that directory, there are no patch.exe or splitter.exe files. There is, however, a file called powerarc860.exe.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you,

Carol

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Carol,
    the Unpk is the place where copies of archives and compressed files are unpacked, scanned and should be deleted after scanning them, so not strange the other two files are no longer there.
    Why the other file is not deleted after scanning i don't know.
    If you do a search/find on your system to the files and rightclick on them in the windows explorer, you could try to use scan options "scan with TDS" and or other scanners you find in that right click menu, and you can look in their files proterties if there are specific settings; it is not possible that another scanner decided they are suspicious files and have blocked any access to them?
    They are both normal running files elsewhere on your system?
    (there are normal legal patch.exe files, but it is also the name of a netbus among others)
    If they are inside compressed archives they could be in a strange rar version TDS might not handle, to name an example.
    So please do a search for those files on your system to know their original location to be able to get to conclusions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.