tds-3

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by gr49erluvr, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gr49erluvr

gr49erluvr Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    I just purchased tds-3 and want to know if I should protect it with process guard. And if so ,what should I block, what should I allow and should I have anything checked in options.
    Thank You

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Welcome to Wilders gr49erluvr,

If you only have Process Guard Free (which can protect one process) than I would rather protect the firewall process.
    In the paid Process Guard, you can protect as many apps as needed.

For TDS-3, I have the first 4 block flags checked, no allow flags, and close MSG handling checked.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Sounds good to me :)

Hi gr49erluvr & welcome, Please take some time to read through the threads here and the help file to familiarise yourself about Process Guard's installation and setup.

HTH Pilli

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  4. gr49erluvr

gr49erluvr Registered Member

Thanks for the welcome and I'll do what ya said ;)
    Have a good one.

5. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I used to have CMH flag checked for TDS-3, but disabled it. I've heard that option is a little buggy, and from what I've experienced, I would agree.

Pilli - Do you think the DCS programmers will have the bugs worked out when TDS-4 is released? In theory, it's a nice feature! :)

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Daisie, Hopefully beta testing will sort out most of the bugs in TDS4 :D
    Regarding Close Message Handling, Process Guard uses undocumented methods to achieve it's purpose and it can be problemtaic with different setups, Jason is working on the PG update as I write and I know that many minor bugs and at least one vulnerability have been addressed ;)

HTH Pilli

7. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Thanks Pilli. I see now that I really screwed-up when typing my question above, :oops: but that you also somehow understood what I was really trying to ask. :eek: I remember reading in another thread that the ability to read people's minds can really come in handy when dealing with spouses, too. :D

I should have said: "Do you think the DCS programmers will have the bugs worked out when PG 3.0 is released?"

Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing the fruits of Jason's hard work!! :)

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Daisie, That's what happens when one has been married thirty one years! :D
    Whether every bug applicable to every system is fixed - I would certainly make no 100% guarantee and I doubt any software developer would either but I am sure that it will be a lot, lot better in many ways ;)

Pilli :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.