TDS-3 Using as a Server?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by adspace, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adspace

adspace Registered Member

;) Hello.....My question is can TDS-3 Be used as a server.
    Summary:
    Wondering if I could use TDS-3 to connect to the internet using my TCP IP so I can run all my advertisements (auto-surf). If this can be done I have not found any information regarding the steps to take.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Adspace,
    you can give TDS server rights, but using it as an adversiser will be not exactly possible.
    I'm sure you're inventive to try some possibilities in the network area :cool:

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I'm not sure if I exactly understand the question

Are you saying you want to use TDS to send adverts? or are you saying that TDS is blocking adverts that you want to be able to read and how do you stop that happening ?

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Yes, do please clarify - you're not wanting to use TDS-3 as a server to send people ads, correct? Pete

5. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

TDS-3 is an anti-trojan system. In regards to being a server, yes it can listen on ports and scripts you write can interact with those sockets, and yes TDS-3 can even emulate some trojans if you wish to make it seem like your system is infected (thus luring a hacker in to be able to monitor what he does when he thinks he's attacking your system). In regards to advertising, that has nothing to do with trojans or trojan detection so I'd suggest using more appropriate software - I don't think any anti-trojan software (or any security software for that matter) can help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.