TDS-3 Startup Advice Requested

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Taz, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taz

Taz Registered Member

I've got TDS-3 on two machines and I have problems on both of them with TDS-3 hanging when it is automatically started.

I have it set to start with windows and then minimize to the system task tray. I have it set to run when windows starts up because I want to use the Exec Protection feature and don't want to have to remember to manually start TDS-3.

I think the problem happens because other security apps haven't finished loading before TDS-3. If I could find a way to delay TDS-3 from starting...say by a few seconds or so...I think that would solve the problem.

Is there a utility that would allow me to introduce such a delay...or does TDS-3 have this capability itself?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Taz,
    Try unticking the start at windows startup and instead drop a shortcut into the Start - All programs - statup folder this should give TDS3 the space it needs to do it's startup scans and load EP.

HTH Pilli :)

3. Taz

Taz Registered Member

DOH!! (slaps forehead) Of course! Thanks Pilli for a nice, simple, and elegant solution that I should have been able to figure out on my own. I tell ya, sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.

Really appreciate the quick response too.

-Taz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.