TDS-3 speech

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by jymmyp, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jymmyp

jymmyp Registered Member

:doubt: Hi.after reading some of the post's i got tds to talk but it only has one voice i read somewhere that someone jooske i believe has several different types of voices ie(merlin)ect. how do you get them to work?i downloaded the the american and british text-to-speech engines the british one didn't seem to do anything, in the control panel speech section all i have is microsoft sam do i need to download something more? thanks for any help Jim.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there,
    Thanks for the link Pilli.
    Yes, the voices are in the larger SpeechSDK (the around 40MB file)
    I might ever have seen the voices pack separate, but i'm not 100% sure if that was for the SAPI4 or the 5 or even a newer kind.
    I collected voices from everywhere and have some 57, but i keep to one nice voice which comes close to Sam, as i'm used to that.
    The msagents come with their own voices if you use them, as you'll notice.
    If you go to that msagent page and the tryout agent page and especially the samples there you will hear them and can try out the very nice interactive voice commanded Peedy Pizza Ordering system.
    With some tricks you can even play TDS scripts with the voiceless Clippit and make him speak and sing, (XP = ex-paperclip you know) --- anyway have fun with it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.