TDS-3 Shutting down while scanning

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by TouchuvGrey, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

I have been a licensed operator of TDS-3 for several years now. Recently ( past few months ) sometimes when i attempt to run a full scan it shuts down in the middle of the scan. Usually if i restart it the scan will work fine. However, if i try to start it from the start menu i get a "Thank you for evaluating TDS-3" message. I have to go into the drive it is installed in and doubleclick the tds3 icon to restart. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

On another matter, when i joined this forum i intended my name to be TouchuvGrey, a close examination will show that i mistyped back then, who should i contact to fix this ?

Thanks again

Mike

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, several questions.

For the TDS issue with the evaluation you could re-intall TDS over itself or have your key-file checked for damage. If you still have a copy of the original keyfile you might like to copy that one in your TDS directory.
    Did you ever move or rename the TDS directory TDS after the installation?

For stopping the scan: is is all time at the same place/file? A strange rarred file, a very large file? If so you could try to exclude that from the scanning and try again.

Please keep us informed how it goes.

For the name change please contact one of the forum admins, LWM for instance.

3. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

For the TDS issue with the evaluation you could re-intall TDS over itself or have your key-file checked for damage. If you still have a copy of the original keyfile you might like to copy that one in your TDS directory.
    Did you ever move or rename the TDS directory TDS after the installation?

I will try downloading and reinstalling a new copy over the existing one. Foolishly i don't have a copy of the keyfile but will email Diamond CS for one. I may very well have moved the TDS directory but i have not renamed it.

For stopping the scan: is is all time at the same place/file? A strange rarred file, a very large file? If so you could try to exclude that from the scanning and try again.

I will have to look into that.

Please keep us informed how it goes.

For the name change please contact one of the forum admins, LWM for instance.

Thank you once again for all your help Jooske

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.