TDS-3 or TDS-4

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Antarctica, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I can't wait for TDS-4, once its released be prepared to kick trojans with next-generation technology.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Antartica

I would again reiterate my advice. Get TDS-3, just learn the basics, they aren't that difficult, and you will be in a good position to upgrade.

I am not sure on what basis Dallen is saying the upgrade is almost upon us, as I believe(someone correct me if I am wrong) that what DCS has stated is they are working very hard to get TDS-4 released as soon as possible. I don't believe they have actually stated a date.

Why not be protected by TDS-3, it is still the best on the market.

Pete

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi everyone,

In my experiences, the combination of ProcessGuard 3.0 and KAV (I use 4.5) provides excellent protection against viruses, trojans, and spyware. However, I do like having backup software to verify any detection. This is why I still use TDS-3 whenever I believe there may have been a security breech. A couple of days ago, a virus was detected on my machine encapsulated in a Jave .jar file. It was first detected by a NOD32 on-demand scan and verified when I ran a full KAV scan (which I run in real-time). I removed this virus and then ran TDS-3 to make sure there was nothing else on my machine. These nasties are really getting nasty nowadays. So for me, extra backup protection is worth it, just for the peace of mind.

Rich

4. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Antarctica,
    Let me break down what Peter2150 is saying:
    Both sides of this issue have been presented. I'm not sure why Peter2150 insists on not allowing you to make up your own mind based on what's already been said.
    Antarctica,
    Read the threads in this forum and if you don't arrive at the same conclusion regarding the release of TDS-4 as I, then I will be surprised.
    Peter is correct when he says that TDS-3 is the best on the market. The reasons why you may want to consider not protecting yourself with TDS-3 have been mentioned in this and previous postings.

Peter2150 has trouble reading between the lines. If something is strongly implied but not explicitly stated, he seems to discount it entirely.

5. dog

dog Guest

I guess everything that needs to be said has been said. Lets leave it as it is.

Dallen, there is no need for this comment ... Why not delete from your post, and I will remove it from this one. It serves No purpose ... other than to incite a reaction.

Steve

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi all, Thanks for your participation in this thread, it has run the course and Antartica has enough information to make a decision
    This thread will therefore be closed in one hour. :)

Any more personal or emotive comments will be deleted.

Thanks. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.