TDS-3  Not Talking

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by AAPlus, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAPlus

AAPlus Guest

Hello,All

Need someone to help me with this

problem i am trying to get TDS

to talk but no luck so far i have

gone & installed  Spchapi.Exe & also

installed  Sapi4s DK.Exe & still no sound at all

from tds  now i was having this problem

with my Winxp but all is good with Winxp

the problem is with Win98

any help at all  please

Thanks

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Do i understand you have TDS installed on both WinXP and the Win98 partition, and the spchapi and other speech parts of the MSAgent installed on the Win98 part as well?
    As XP has it's own technology and some own kind of advanced MSAgent core parts (does it have all the languages installed as well in the agents parts?)
    besides the SAPI 5 technology, for wich you installed the runtimes SAPI 4 in the XP part.
    But how is it in the Win98 partition? Do you only have the spchsapi.exe or are there any other speech engines as well (irritating if it does not take them from the XP part, seems you have to install all double that way!!, only the MSAgents characters seem to work on both, even though on the XP CD-ROM seem to be several own agents). So it might be advisable to go to the MSAgent site www.microsoft.com/msagents and in the download part get the TTS engines (text-to-speech) and if you ever want to do the voice commands on win98 as well do take the 6mb voice recognition engine as well (or if you're really entusiastic you might like one of the bigger SAPI 4 engines, i took the whole SDK of over 40 mb to have no problems :) )
    Install them default in the Win98 part and then also TDS should speak, as well as possible agents you might like to install and play our SS3 scripts with them included.
    Please check back with the results of this install. I really had hoped the engines would serve the whole system, but that seems not ........
    Glad you have the XP part speaking btw, as that is the most difficult for many!
    Hope to read you soon!

3. AAPlus

AAPlus Guest

Hello,Jooske

First thanks for the reply & help

i have TDS-3 on my Laptop & on

my computer on the Laptop i have

Winxp all is good TDS-3 is talking

but on my Desktop TDS-3 will not talk

no sound at all from TDS-3  so i went

& installed  Spchapi.Exe &  Also installed

Sapi4sDK.Exe & still no sound from TDS-3

oh how do i get TDS-3 to say more then just

testing 123

Thank You

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Did you get the speech engines from the MSAgents site and install them in the Win98 desktop?
    And did you hear the "testing 1 2 3" or only see it displayed?
    Speakers up?
    If you would hear that testing 1 2 3 you have the voice engine working (you might even see the tv_enua which is a basic engine)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.