TDS-3 minimising

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by mollyman, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mollyman

mollyman Registered Member

HI all,l have just started trialling TDS-3 and so it seems ok except when l close the program it doesn't minimise to the taskbar even though that option is ticked and l have show all items in taskbar.l'm using WIN xp sevice pack 2.
    Also does TDS-3 scan your system automically like if your downloading a file which has a trojan does it pick it up straight away.Thanks for any advice.

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

i dont know but i belive you can add excution protection in the payed verstion

so as soon as trojan excutes it gets excuted

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Mollyman, As Blazie says the resident part, Execution Protection, is only available in the paid for version.
    You will also need to manually download the latest radius file updates from the DCS site. Note that TDS will still state that the radius file is out of date but you can check the number of definitions against those published daily either here or at DCS - You need to reload TDS after dropping the new radius file into the main TDS3 folder

Here is a screenshot of the config settings to minimise TDS to the systray.

HTH Pilli

Attached Files:

4. Simon James

Simon James Registered Member

An obvious but some times missed option which I forgot once was to
    forget to 'save' the changes and reload. Minimising worked from there.
    Jeeze!.

:(

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

You are welcome Simon :)

6. frogfoot

frogfoot Registered Member

are you closing the program with the X at the top right? If you are then it will close, what you need to do is minimize the program by hitting the button next to the X (looks like this _ )

7. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Iv found on dial up ,( I have my pc on and off a few times daily) and if I wish to have" execution protection" installed, I have to wait for TDS3 to do its thing each time . Its a bit of a trial if you havent unticked some of those options in "start up scanning " The initial default settings are ok .
    I have also had some difficulty with TDS minimising. I have gone for the option that seems to me to be the only option that actually gets TDS off my screen after a fresh start , as its a bit of a "black elephant" and this option is > check TDS Mini control window > Run at windows start up ( as I wish to have execution protection activated > Minimised ( startup ) This seems to be able to work for me on xp . you need to reboot the pc after setting theses options , not just close TDS down and start it up . I didnt want it sticking around on my taskbar taking up space either . I could not get it to minimise beside the clock . With the mini controll option it sits up at the top left of your page and can be opened by clicking the triangle .

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi SPC, If you set it up as shown TDS3 will minimise to the systray after pressing the -
    To do it automatically Tick both Windows system tray & Minimise at statup but you will still have to wait until the start up scans have completed.

Pilli

9. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

hi Philli, Thanks for that . I have not been able to get it work in the past as I have just closed TDS3 after setting the settings and it never happened. however I did what you said and rebooted and it is all fine , thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.