TDS-3 lack of support and problems

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Keith, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith

Keith Guest

I just received my registration code today and thought now I can get support.  I tried three times sending emails to support with NO response. This is over 2 weeks.

The problem is

During a scan or sometimes with it just loaded I get the following error.

The instruction at "0x02158866 referenced at memory at 0x02158866. The memory could not be read. OK or Cancel

It continues to scan if I don't press OK or cancel.

I have NOD32 antivirus running. It also happend with NAV. I;m running a win2000 with SP2 installed. I'm using firewall SYSgate professional. Also running ad subtract. I have unloaded all of these and it still happens.

This is not a product I can recommend to anyone anymore.

2. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

The development team does not normally ignore support emails. I have never known this to happen. Are you sure you sent the email to the right address? Under help on the menu bar, there are two options for registered users. Use the priority support option. If you have already done this, then I am unsure what the hold up is.

The problem you describe is unfamiliar to me. I will research it.

Also, as a registered user you have access to the private TDS-3 forum, reachable under the help menu or by hitting F5. That forum is monitored by the DiamondCS team a little closer than this one.

3. zappa

zappa Registered Member

Depending on when you sent your request might have something to do with the non response since they are a day ahead of where I am in the US so it might have been Friday night or something in Australia when you sent it.  
    (Don't know exactly when you sent it.)

The product is outstanding and once in and running smoothly you will be fired up.  

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Hello Keith,
    Please forward your emails to wayne@diamondcs.com.au and I'll answer them personally. I don't know your email address so at this stage I can't say why we haven't responded, or even if we received them, but I'll reply to them as soon as I receive them.  We receive several hundred emails every day of the year, and as email support is a free service we can't possibly answer all emails - particularly when a lot of them have complex questions that require a bit of research before responding, but we try to answer as many as we humanly can. This is all on top of answering questions in the forums, another free service that costs us a lot of time, but we try our best.

I'm a bit confused by your first paragraph - you state that you received your registration code (i assume you mean keyfile) today, and tried three times sending emails to support.  Email support is handled Monday-Friday, so chances are you'll receive a response tomorrow (Monday) if your emails are in the support in queue. But you also state "This is over 2 weeks", have you been waiting 1 day or 2 weeks for a response?

To answer your question regarding the memory read error, I'll need some more details off you and it will then take some time to trace through and find out what's happening,  it won't be quick but it's a good example why we can only answer so many emails each day :)

Best regards,
    Wayne

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Keith,
    Can imagine your confusion and frustration as it sounds.
    I always wonder in such cases if the software was installed without any problems, if there is some special configuration possible/necessary with your Win2000 SP2, and of course the general idea if you get any other error messages with any other program or only this one with TDS and during startup and scanning of it, and each time or under some circumstances you can reproduce?

Hope to see you in the members only forum too, where several operators posted configurations, settings and solutions for several Windows versions; you might find some options which work for your system as well.

I can asure you what Wayne says is true; i don't remember any software with so much support on a daily basis, engineer standby 24/7, so much explanation and patience and not to forget the all time support on the fora beside all that. I can't even remember any forum with four moderators especially for this software besides several experienced overall moderators/ administrators.  
    There comes a day you'll consider TDS and WormGuard the security kernel on your system, with possibilities only limited by our imagination.

Please keep us updated how it goes on one of the fora.

6. KEith

KEith Guest

I want to thank everyone for all the help. Diamond has been very helpful so far I hope to have this problem resolved soon.

Looking forward to using TDS in the future.
    THanks again

7. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Thanks Keith, I received your email and am just doing some tests to find some answers for you. I'll get back to you via email shortly

Best regards,
    Wayne

8. Pitbull

Pitbull Registered Member

Wayne,

While I am a happy registered user of TDS3 and Wormguard3 (looking forwards to v4 of both) I have to agree with an earlier comment about email support. Basically it ain't very responsive :-(

I tried to register to use the private DiamondCS forums, but could not do so because my 18-digit access key (as shown to me when hitting F5 to reach the forums web page) was too long to enter into vBulletin.

After a short exchange of emails with support, they then fixed vBulletin to allow 18 digits. Great thought I !!! However the registration now fails as it say the Access key and Username do not correspond. I have emailed support many times over a period of many weeks but got sod all response.

Eventually there was an announcement about Wilders hosting the official TDS & Wormguard forums so I gave up on the private DiamondCS forums for a while, but now it turns out that the private forums are still running and are probably more detailed so I'm still interested in registering...

Perhaps you could help sort this out for me...email me privately if you need further details...

Regards.

Nick Pitfield (pitfield@nickpitfield.com).

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Not a cookie thing? throwing away the old cookie and try again with the new inlog?
    Case sensitive i noticed.
    Putting the DCS forum in the IE trusted zone might help, hope also in your case.
    Gavin posted to others there is looked at the issue, as it happens more at times, these little things we can do ourselves, the other is only DCS able to.
    Also noticed have to enable cookies to prevent problems, it could maybe even make a difference if you use F5 or the Help | Discussion Forums (for some it might do for reasons unknown to me).
    Hope to see you there soon!

Did you write to support@diamondcs.com.au or another address?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.