TDS-3 gives error #31?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by setscrew, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setscrew

setscrew Registered Member

I installed TDS-3 in November 2004, but never ran the program nor the update. I downloaded the latest .td3 file today (june 8, 2005), and tried to run TDS-3 but recieved error #31.

" Error #R31-couldn't load Radius system.
    Make sure RADIUS. TD3is not in use by another instance of TDS Scanner, and that the RADIUS. TD3 file is not corrupt."

The program stopped responding and had to be shut down.

I then uninstalled tds-3, cleaned the registry, restarted, reinstalled the program, restarted again, copied new .td3 file and still received the same error.

Any suggestions?

TIA

2. J--

J-- Guest

And was this the registred version of TDS-3?
    Did you buy a licence of TDS-3?
    Did you know that the trial version of TDS-3 has a 30-day trial periode?
    And did you know that you are not supposed to use the trial version after that trial periode?

O, BTW, what is the language version of your Windows version?

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there,
    error #31 means you have a language problem, chinese/japanese/vietnamese character based language in stead of english or other european language.
    Set default language to english in the control panel and try again.
    But like the other poster said, if the trial period has ended you won't be able to run it, only a registered version will do.

4. setscrew

I am a registered user, I just never ran the program. I uninstalled again and reinstalled but this time did not overwrite the old .td3 file with the .td3 file dated June 8 (2.36MB). TDS-3 started fine with no error 31. My language is defaulted to English.

My question now, should the .td3 file in the TDS-3 folder be changed when I select 'update'. I installed the new udate.cfg (70 bytes) file as directed on the website. I selected 'update', but it appears that the .td3 file is still the original one (1.69MB).

Any input?

TIA

5. setscrew

OK I figured out the problem.

I was using Firefox's download program for the .td3 file and the update.cfg file. I downloaded the .cfg file with IE and changed .txt back to .cfg, overwrote the existing file and TDS-3 now successfully connects and installs the new database.

Now I just need to figure out how to use the program.

Happy scanning.

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi setscrew,

I'm very happy that you were able to solve it ! :D

As for your question about how to use it:
    You might like to read some threads:

TDS - Extremely powerful, but also very easy to use!

Basic configuration of TDS-3

Please feel free to ask any questions !
    Regards, Jan.

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, glad you found it out.
    If youi have a registered version you can update with the menu option Update TDS databases now!
    Above that option you see the Install Exec protection; hope you installed that to enhance the security on your system when TDS is loaded.

8. setscrew

Thank you for the helpful set-up guide.

Now I have some information from which to work. I did enable the Exec protection. I will also examine Process Guard to see if I need the extra protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.