TDS-3 Final Released

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Wayne - DiamondCS, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

In case you have added by yourself more files to crcfiles.txt, it might be a good idea to save a copy of crcfiles.txt when you are upgrading to TDS3-final.
    With more files I mean: more than the ones which are already by default listed in crcfiles.txt.

I should have posted this earlier; sorry for not having done so !!

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I noticed in the new download pressing F5 and the menu option for the forum tells evaluators it's for registered users only. Thought it could jump to either one of the forums with a request to register for free in both forums for info and the latest new goodies and 24/7 live support blablabla etc. and mentioning the Private TDS forum for registered operators only.

3. Konyntje

Konyntje Registered Member

Sorry to be a such a newbie on this :oops:, but... 'couldn't find a 'registered' version on the web site; just a note about the demo version being restricted. As a registered user will my 'tds3.kf' unlock the software into the full version? Else, where can I find the registered version?

4. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi,

Yes indeed, the kf file will make your demo TDS the full one. On restarting TDS you will see flash across the console that it is registered, also you will be able to enable execprot and load the larger scripts, etc.

HTH,

Dan

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

And the updates from the menu with one button click or automated, which will take care of realoding of the database into TDS without the need to (re)start all TDS again. So no new install necessary.

6. octogen

octogen Registered Member

What would be the best way to do so? Should I go into TDS-3 and uninstall the execprot module then uninstall TDS-3? Thanks in advance.

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes, uninstall exec protection from the TDS > console
    Go into the TDs directory and copy the personal files you created like
    CRCscan.txt
    and your configuration,
    maybe other scan txt files,
    the keyfile,
    radius,
    update.cfg,
    scriptsfolder,
    ss3edit.exe,
    spchapi.exe
    anything more you copied there yourself.

After uninstall TDS but leave the whole folder intact if you like to install in that same location.
    With the new download install either default in a new location or inside the one you just left.
    Copy the files you just copied away back in their place and all should be well.
    Take your time to do it all patiently.
    After firing up TDS should run as before, with the speech and everything.
    Oh and after that you can re-install the exec protection too again of course!

8. octogen

octogen Registered Member

Thanks, Jooske! :)

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You're welcome Octagen, it spared you lots of d/l and puzzling i hope!
    Would be good to have such an instruction on the page, but are people really reading all that? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.