TD3 says suspfile install.wse.exe WHAT IS THIS???

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Minera, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minera

Minera Registered Member

Hello Pieter:
    I did a new TD3 scan and found a warning
    Dueal Extensions C:program files\hewwett packard and digital imaging\hpis\temp with a file for a program called install.wse.exe

also there are a few more files added with the streams (4 more 2 are dll)
    The bites still say 88. But I tried sending the file to TDS and it couldn't be
    emailed. I saved the info as txt if need be. My computer is acting strangely
    dissabling my email programs and internet connection setups so I don't know what is going on. Spyware or virus programs did not find anything.
    The other streams are still MZ.exe associated although I cannot FIND anything when I did a search. Should I be worried?? Should I delete the install.wse.exe program before it accidently becomes installed?? I read somewhere others with same hp program have same problem.
    I'm starting to hate my computer :mad:

2. Minera

Minera Registered Member

Hi
    I'm not sure what the 'install.wse.exe' file means so I renamed it as a text
    file just in case it is something important or if I accidently activate it.
    Is that ok? or will it cause problems if I look at it??
    I checked it with the file analizer and it has ? beside the resource name etc. I made a copy as txt with the analizer which I am attaching. There is no version name or anything so im very suspicious its somekind of worm. Could you check for me and see what it means plzo_O
    Thanks
    Actually I won't send you the file until you respond. When I clicked on the TXT file the analizer made it had an onscreen error message saying you need some sort of 'coded' file to look at it or something, so I don't want to send you something infected.
    Thanks again

3. Minera

Minera Registered Member

Hello again:
    Sorry for the panic. The file below it was an .avi file and when mouse went over it the message popped up. I looked at the TXT file but not sure what it means. Doesn't seem like it should be something for a scanner program
    but I could be mistaken.
    I am sending the file scanner txt file now
    Thanks for taking the time to check it.
    o_O :oops:

Attached Files:

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Minera,

The only reason TDS warns you is because of the two "." in the filename.

That could either indicate for example virus.jpg.exe or gameversion1.7.exe
    In this case nothing to worry about I should think.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.