TCP Port Listen

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Patrice, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi everyone!

I just installed a router logging utility, so that I'm able to log the outbound and especially inbound activities. Because I was downloading a lot with emule the last few days, I was forwarding the port 4662 to my computer (router settings). Now I blocked it again, but the signals naturally still persist. Now I wanted to check that with TDS TCP Port Listen utility just for fun. But even though the signals come in regurarly and I have started the TCP Port Listen utility on port 4662 it receives no signal at all...

Why? Does my router not let it through? Do you have any suggestions how to solve that? Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards!

Patrice

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Patrice,

Not sure if I understood the way you configured everything correctly.
    If you stopped the forwarding from your router to your PC, nothing would arrive for TDS to listen to, right?
    And eMule uses other ports as well: http://www.emule-project.net/faq/ports.htm

Regards,

Pieter

3. Patrice

Damn, I'm really stupid!! :p

Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't block the port 4662 by the router. I should still forward it to my computer.

And guess what, now it works! And it clearly shows, that it's from emule.

Thanks!

Patrice

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Great! now you can look and see what happens if you make changes in the packets. You might like the traffic bridge for this as well, maybe one in the middle as your router, whatever you like to make it do and play with.

5. Patrice

Hi Jooske!

I tried the Traffic Bridge, but the connection was refused. There was an error in the log, perhaps the (emule or edonkey) client realized that it's not another client he's talking to.

Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge about the "computer" language. So I'm not able to change things in the packets...

Best regards!

Patrice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.