Tasks List not showing + Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by berdj, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berdj

berdj Registered Member

We're facing the following problem in Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange Version 1.0 build 176.

Our Exchange 2007 installation consists of the following:

One CAS-HUB server
    One EDGE server
    Two cluster MAILBOX servers

We have 3 Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange licenses. I installed them on the CAS-HUB, EDGE and Mailbox cluster.

When I tried to run a scheduled job, it was unable to create backups. After many tries I ran again the installer and removed Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange from the mail cluster.

When I re-installed the application, it displayed that it was successful.

I connected to the exchage server.

I created a scheduled task to do Full / incremental backups, it displayed that the task is created successfully and also on the logs I could see references to the scheduled task, but when I click "scheduled tasks" the screen is empty. No scheduled tasks are displayed in the "scheduled task" list. Also the backup is unsucessfull.

Could the reason be that we need to buy one additional license and I should install Acronis on each physical server (not the mailbox cluster) of Exchange mailbox servers ?

Also what can I do to make the "task list" reappear. (I tried repairing the installation but still nothing is displayed).

Many thanks in advance for your help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello berdj,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

We haven't tested the program on the system you described.

Meanwhile, please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and re-create the task. You should perform this operation on the remote computer.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. berdj

berdj Registered Member

Hi Oleg,

I followed your instructions and downloaded / installed Acronis Scheduler, but still face the same problem.

All the errors in the logs are the same:

error 65 55 (0x410037)

When I create a new task, it displays that the task has been scheduled successfully, but the task list remains empty.

The topology of our exchange server is such that the mailbox server is a 2 cluster server ( two physical servers). I've installed Acronis for Exchange on both physical servers. Do you think there's a problem with the installation?

Also, we use BackupExec V12.5 for our daily backups, but while running Acronis, no BackupExec task is active.

Many thanks in advance for your help
    Berdj

4. Acronis Support

Hello berdj,

Thank you for using Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange Server

As the issue need detailed investigation I would recommend you create support case using this link describe the issue in details and attach log files to your request.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. berdj

berdj Registered Member

Hi Dmitry,

before submitting a support case, could I run Acronis Cleanup (as you suggested in another of your posts) to remove completely Acronis agent for Exchange from all the servers and try again the installation?

Thank You
    Berdj

6. Acronis Support

Hello berdj,

Thank you for your response.

Acronis Cleanup Utility can't be applied in this case, the utility is incompartible. You should use Add or remove programs.

Could you please let me know your e-mail address via PM? I will send a file to you, the issue can be solved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. berdj

berdj Registered Member

Hi Oleg,

Sorry I couldn't understand PM in "Could you please let me know your e-mail address via PM?"

Berdj

8. Acronis Support

Hello Berdj,

To send a PM (Private message) you should find a post made by any Acronis Support stuff and make click on Acronis Support -> Send a private message to Acronis Support.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

9. TheSmile

TheSmile Registered Member

Hello Acronis Support,

I'm facing the same problem that I don't see any of my created tasks in the task list any more.

I'm using Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange Server Version 1.0 (build 114)

Everything is running on one physical machine with MS Small Business Server 2003. I installed the software about 8 month ago and created 2 tasks which where listed in the task list at that time.
    Due to some disc space error I had to have a look at the tasks but the list is empty. The event viewer shows, that the tasks are still scheduled because they started (and are still starting) at the right time.

Does this has to do with some recent MS update. Is there any bugfix available?

Thank you.

Norbert

10. Acronis Support

Hello Norbert,

We have recently compiled a new build of Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange (build # 211) which should resolve the issue with scheduled tasks. Please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.