Tasks and Event Log - Failed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by captainvideo, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainvideo

captainvideo Registered Member

Hi:

I just downloaded the Acronis True Image software for a 30 day free trial.

I created a bootable recovery disk with no problems.

Then the actual full "My Computer" backup appeared to work fine, except the box with today's date shows Red which indicates "Failed".

I do not understand this since the MyBackup.tib was created on my external hard drive. Under Protection State, is says that My System is Protected. I did notice that the size of MyBackup.tib was about 6 gb less than the used portion of my C: Drive.

Can anyone here please explain about the "Failed" indicator to a Newbie? Also, does this program apply data compression to the .tib?

Thanks.

Captainvideo

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Is this the first time you’ve ever used TI or are you upgrading to a newer version?
    I'm trying to upgrade from ver 10 and I'm seeing the same thing. There are two entries in the log for each scheduled task. One failure entry followed by another completed successfully entry. And every day in the calendar that a task ran is red.

3. captainvideo

This is the very first time I ever tried True Image.

Now when I just went into it, it says System Volume Backup: Not Created (Warning) when it certainly was created a few hours ago.

Is the Trial Version giving me incorrect information?

How can I evaulate a product for purchase unless I know it works 100% correctly?

Is there any way I can contact technical support to resolve these issues before I make a decision on purchasing it?

4. captainvideo

I've noticed that Technical Support has replied to other threads on this forum today.

I certainly have the right to try out their product before purchasing it. And the fact that it shows no backup on one screen and "failed" on another concerns me. Especially since a .tib of 16gb was created on my external drive.

I would appreciate some answers from Tech Support.

Maybe I should uninstall and then reinstall. Please help?

Thank you.

5. James Occhiogrosso

James Occhiogrosso Registered Member

o_O I'm a new user too. Having same problem. The task shows red on the calendar but says "Completed" in the result. This is not only confusing but downright misleading. Is it telling me the "task" ran but failed? I see a backup .tib was created, but can I rely on this backup?

I think some of the administrators need to get in on this forum with some answers. My confidence in this product, based on this and a host of other observed weird problems, is going downhill fast!

Some other noted problems:

If you back up to a network drive and for some reason the drive is not available at scheduled backup time, True Image 2009 goes into some kind of "never-land" where it ups the system page file from about .5 Gb to more than 2.5Gb, uses all available system memory, and generally renders XP unusable, until it finishes the operation (can be hours later) or you reboot the computer. Bottom line seems to be that if a task fails, True Image 2009 takes the whole computer down with it.

also, in the case of the "network drive unavailable case" -- if you correct the problem and attempt to rerun the task, it hangs up forever - again with a massive page file and all memory used up. Shutting down the computer is also inhibited unless you literally cut power to it!

If you delete a task, it disappears from the task list, but is still hanging out somewhere, and if you create a new task at the same scheduled time, it runs the old task with an error, (which again sends the computer into limbo). This can be fixed by running a DOS utility they provide and deleting the errant tasks manually, but this is a pretty poor fix!

The F11 boot key, on my computer produces an unreadable display.

These are what I consider some major, show-stopping issues. Any administrators around??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.