taskEng - Task Scheduler Engine Error - Windows Vista Won’t Shut Down?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by jeshi, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeshi

jeshi Registered Member

hi friends!
    i'm using vista ultimate in my acer laptop. recently my system got slowed down and the programs are not responding most often,whenever i try to shutdown my computer i'm getting the following message.
    "The following programs are still running. TaskEng - Task Scheduler Engine Process. Task Scheduler is executing shutdown tasks, and stopping tasks that are already running."
    it increased my system startup time and shutdowntime too:'( .I've ran cleaners, registry fix, defrag, been into my startup programs, deleted loads from the startup list, and gone into currently running programs and had a look in there for what could be the problem, but I have no idea:thumbd: . if anyone could solve my problem please help me.if you have any complicated ideas, I'd still like to hear them.

thanks

jeshi

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Hello there.

Look in: Start/Control Panel/Scheduled Tasks

Chances are you have something there (a scheduled task = backup software, scheduled Anti Virus scan or updater, Disk defrag, etc) ... which is causing this problem. If so, list what scheduled tasks are there.

Whatever is scheduled might be fixed by updating it to newer version - it might just be a buggy version not closing down. Or just simply disable it from being scheduled. If you manually update or run then it's no problem.

Post back more detail about your current running applications and your Operating System, if that doesn't help. Also take a look in: Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer - Look in Application + System tabs especially and see if you have any errors.

Tally Ho.

3. ha14

ha14 Registered Member

Hi

well if you were hit by malwares, then you must run an antimalware scan, think of superantispyware and malwarebytes antimalware.

If you would like more help then scan with hijackthis and save the log file and after that past it here so someone can help ou with solving issues.

Before all of this try znsoftxp

http://znsoft.free.fr/Download/Windows/ZNsoftXp/

just download and instal; I believe its only in french language, just hit the blue bar and wait like 1 minute until the progress bar finish then exit and restart the pc.

I tried it when all other registry cleaners didnt worked and znsoft worked fine. Good luck

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

5. ha14

ha14 Registered Member

Hi

Thanks for informing that Hijack logs are not tolerated anymore. WOW didnt knew about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.