taskbar icons not appearing

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pykko, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Hello!
    For about 1 week I have a strange problem. After restart my Avira Antivir and Volume icons are not being shown in the taskbar anymore even if the antivir guard is working and the program loads at startup and the sound drive is also running perfectly.

What should I do? Can I reset the taskbar somehow?
    For Volume icon I went to control panel-> Sounds and audio devices and I enabled the Place volume icon in taskbar but after restart is gone again. :(

Do you know any solutions?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I´m not sure if it will be able to fix it, but perhaps you can try Taskbar Repair. It can fix stuff related to the taskbar and notification area, however, for some functions you will have to pay. ;)

www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Try here pykko, missing icon's - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/trayicons.htm

Edit's from here may also fit the bill - http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

"I enabled the Place volume icon in taskbar but after restart is gone again."

Line 54 (save setting's on exit), line 99 (restore taskbar default's), or line 164 (restore tb default functionality),
    possibly line 320 (restore vol/net.ico notification area). Doug Knox maintain's another good "fix-it" site.

*PS Rasheed - K'sK alway's good keyword's to add when hunting for an XP fix. ;)

Steve

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

thank you guys for posting. I did tried the first solution posted by Rasheed187 and that .vbs restored my icons after restarting the Explorer. Unfortunately, after restart the problem occured again. :(

Then, I read what GlobalForce posted and something called to my mind that I made a change some days ago: under My Network Places I enabled "show icons for networked upnp devices". I clicked now "Hide icons for networked uPnP devices" and the problem seems to be solved. (This tip is also given in the References section of http://windowsxp.mvps.org/trayicons.htm.
    Thank you GlobalForce. Hope I won't have problems. :)

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Ahhh, memory is a beautiful thing. :D Thank you Pykko for completing the exchange. ;)
    You've given this thread 'potential' usefulness by pointing out the detail's.

Steve

6. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Yes, now everything works fine. No more problems. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.