Taskbar icon

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scaa, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I had pointed out earlier that the taskbar icon was missing in build 826. Acronis support promised to get it rectified. This was never done. Now we have build 859 with the same problem. I hope support has some reply. o_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scaa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Our Development Team is aware of the problem and they are currently working on it. As soon as the fix is created it will be implemented in the program. Hope this will be done soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I received the same reply for version 826

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scaa,

Since this is not critical problem and is difficult to reproduce we haven't had much time to solve it. Our Development Team is working on it but they also have a lot of other work to do and they cannot fix all the problems at once. I am sure the fix will be implemented soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Do you mean that you want an icon in your quick launch taskbar that launches TI when you click it? All you have to do is drag the one from the desktop on to the taskbar.

6. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Sorry pal,
    There is an active taskbar icon near the clock when an scheduled imaging is in progress. On pointing the mouse, the percentage of completion is visible.

:( :mad: As for the Acronis support response that this is not important , my feeling is that as paying people every feature is being paid for. Improvements are definitely welcome, but when features presently available become BUGS TO BE FIXED in the newer builds, we definitely have reasons to complain. :mad:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  7. Pablo Pablovski

Pablo Pablovski Registered Member

FWIW, the area next to the clock, where the icon would be when the program is running, is called the system tray (or, usually, systray). Toolbars are the icons to the right of the Start button (quick launch being one of the most comonly used). Just to avoid confusion...

8. scaa

scaa Registered Member

You are absolutely correct. The term slipped my mind. The active icon is visible in the SYSTRAY

9. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Okay, now that we "are on the same page" :) ......

Wouldn't the Task Scheduler that is part of every Windows OS do what you want? .... while you are waiting for Acronis to fix the feature.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  10. Zombie

Zombie Guest

Actually the correct name for it is the Taskbar Notification Area.

READ THIS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.