Task Shortcut

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gderreck, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gderreck

gderreck Registered Member

Hello!

I am attempting to set up shortcuts for my True Image Tasks. I am using version 10 latest build. Operating system is Vista Home Premium. Before setting up the shortcut, I created a batch file to test the routine:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe" /script:"C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\8FBC9C47-F204-4326-AD90-9BB396F42D02.tib.tis"

The file is obviously my script name. The command opened the script to be run, but I got the following error:

Failed to backup file or folder 'C:'.
    Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)
    function = "GetFileAttributesW",
    filename = "\\?\C:\\"
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE20F
    The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (0xFFF0)
    code = 8007007B
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8A6: Retry/Ignore/Cancel

A dialogue popped up offering to retry (didn't work)/ignore (when I pressed this button, the backup completed). As stated, when I clicked ignore in the dialogue, the backup completed successfully. I changed User Account Control to elevate without a prompt, but I still got the error.

I looked at HKCR in the registry re tis and tisfile. There were no references to anything other than default icon in tisfile. I found another post in this forum showing a modified setup for tisfile, and merged it in the registry. The modified registry entries are below:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tisfile]
    @="Acronis True Image Script"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tisfile\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Acronis\\TrueImage\\TrueImageService.exe,1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tisfile\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tisfile\Shell\open]
    @="&Execute Task Script"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tisfile\Shell\open\command]
    @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Acronis\\TrueImage\\TrueImageService.exe\" /script:\"%1\""

I also associated tis files with TrueImageService.exe.

Sorry for the long post, but I want to make sure the info is complete to avoid multiple posts requesting additional info. Can anybody tell me how to get this right? Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gderreck,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please be more specific and provide us with more details?

- The scheduled task set to back up disk/partition(s) or separate files/folders (file-based backup)?

- Where have you store the image archive?

In addition, please save the full log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Having collected the above information, please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. gderreck

Aleksandr
    Thank you for replying to my post. I would be happy to send the information in a support request, but I sould advise you that I have already done so (without as much detail), and was sent a terse reply stating that True Image Home does not support scripting, etc; and I should consider purchasing workstation 9.1. If you monitor this post, I will put the information here. If not, I'm afraid I'll get another stock reply stating that it is not supported. Please advise. Thanks once again.

Regards
    Graham Derreck

4. Acronis Support

Hello Graham,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the reason for such reply and try to provide you with the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. gderreck

Aleksandr
    Thank you again for the reply. Your product is not only fast and accurate, but you take care of your customers. Rather rare to have both in this day and age. I have just opened my email, and viola! I have a note from Anton Zamkovoy asking me to create shortcuts and test. I can only assume you were able to push the right buttons. It is not my intention to cast any of your excellent people in a bad light, so I'll skip the case #. I will point out that it was NOT Anton who sent me the earlier reply in question. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. It is this type of attitude that has built and maintained the loyal cutomer base you have earned.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Graham,

Thank you very much for your warm comments. Our team worked hard to create a good and reliable software that works fine on many computers in the world.

I am sure our support engineers will do their best to resolve the issue you experience. You are free to post the results here on Official Acronis Support Forum.

Thank you again.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Is not the script file (the .tis file) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts ?

That's the typical location. Worth checking.

good luck, sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.