Task Scheduler

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by duffyfs, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duffyfs

duffyfs Registered Member

Installed one NOD32 license to a new build using Blackspear's "Extra settings for 2.7 guide". After having set up a scheduled scan in NOD32 shouldn't it be listed in XP Pro's "Scheduled Tasks" app? Also, I had no conflicts with resident software with the new build, but I need to load my second license onto my gamer which has Norton SystemWorks 2003 Pro (just Ghost and NAV
    loaded), SuperAntiSpyware, AdAware, Spybot, and ZoneAlarm Pro on it. This forum told me how to get rid of Norton, but will I see any conflicts between NOD32 and my other security apps?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , they are not listed there.

No , no conflicts but you don't need them all . You must have ZA (because NOD32 v2 has no firewall) but NOD32 also has antispyware and in my opinion not all the 3 are needed ... but no conflict

3. duffyfs

HiTech Boy...Thanks. I read your post about removing Norton before installing NOD32. You suggested using ADD/REMOVE first before using the Norton Removal Tool. I have the following in ADD/REMOVE: NAV, Norton SystemWorks
    2003, Norton WMI Update, LiveReg, LiveUpdate 2.6. I also have Ghost on my system...it's never been setup as I use Casper XP, but it's service is running.
    Ghost however doesn't show in ADD/REMOVE. Is there some order I should be using in removing the Norton apps before running the Norton Removal Tool and installing NOD32?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome!

Yes , that's right.
    No , no specific order . You may first uninstall NAV, Norton SystemWorks
    2003, Norton WMI Update , then the Live Update part because if you first attempt to uninstall LU , it will generate an alert (complain)

Then run the removal tool from Symantec's web-site

5. duffyfs

Followed your procedure...Add/remove all Norton and Symantec with restarts then run the Norton Removal Tool. Did not remove everything so I ran the tool again in Safe Mode. Still left folders behind...
    Tried to delete in XP Pro and in Safe Mode

C:\Program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ which contains one file (ccLgView.GID) and a VirusDefs folder with 111 (32mb) folders inside...when I try to delete XP says can't because files are being used or "write protected"

C:\Documents and Settings\AllUsers\AppData\Symantec\LiveUpdate which contains 3 Settings.LiveUpdate files...try to delete and get same error

C:\Windows\System3\config\systemProfile\ApplicationData\Symantec\Shared\
    contains one file (MyProfile.UserProfile)...didn't try to delete this one

Will these folders being on C drive screw up my NOD32 installation and if so how do I go about deleting them? thanks

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

Download Unlocker from http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/unlocker1.8.5.exe
    Install it . Upon install unselect the option to automatically check for updates.

More about Unlocker here:
    http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

After it is installed , simply right click the folders you have problems deleting , choose to Unlock All , it will display what processes "guards" them and follow the instructions to kill these folders. If unlocking fails , choose the option from the drop down menu to delete on reboot

After that install NOD32 :thumb:

7. duffyfs

Thanks, but no joy. Ran Unlocker on each folder. Never got option to "unlock
    all" so chose delete, then delete on reboot, but in each case the folder remained.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.