Task scheduler or Nod32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by BrigitteW, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrigitteW

BrigitteW Registered Member

Hi all,

When I learned Nod32 v. 2 had been released I immediately purchased a licence. Great work ESET!

I've run into a problem, however, which I think may be related to an issue with task scheduler on my machine (no other symptoms), but before turning Windows upside down, I'd like to check whether it could be an issue with Nod32.

I'm running Windows 2000 SP3, the task scheduler service is set to automatic, I'm on cable so I let Nod32 update every hour (default setting). Not using any proxy, Kerio PF is set to allow access to all addresses via port 80.

Every once in a while, however, I'm getting this "System Agent Com Window" window pop up which can't be closed normally and has to be shut down through task manager. My event log then shows that the task scheduler service closed abnormally.

This happens when Nod32 is scheduled to update, but not all of the time. At first I thought it occured only when Nod32 couldn't find the server, but after changing servers the problem came back.

Even though it doesn't happen every hour, it's quite annoying. There is no option to update via commandline, is there? If there were, I could simply include it in my batchfile which updates Boclean every day.

Any ideas?

Tnx.

Brigitte

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hoi Brigitte, :)

Welcome at Wilders. Good to see you here. ;)

What version of Kerio are you using? I´ve seen mentioned a few problems with Kerio 2.14.

Regards,

Pieter

3. BrigitteW

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm using the latest 2.15, released last month. I could of course try to do without the firewall for a while (router catches most of the inbound threats anyway) and see if the problem goes away.

Regards,

Brigitte

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Brigitte,

Keep us posted on your progress. If you don´t succeed, I´m sure someone else will be able to help you.

Regards,

Pieter

5. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi Brigitte,

You could try disabling the Task Schedular, see what that will do, maybe the TS and the update feature in NOD don't go along very well.

Good luck,

Martin

6. BrigitteW

Pieter, Martin,

Problem solved. Martin's suggestion to disable the Windows task scheduler service did the trick. It appears that the task scheduler is sometimes triggered by Nod's automatic update (I think only when no connection can be established with the update server) and they obviously can't get along :)

Thanks guys!

Brigitte

7. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Thx. Martin, Pieter and all others - it's nice when the people help each other here and we can solve also other issues. :)

Have a great time!

jan

8. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Brigitte,
    your welcome, that's why we are here for, hope things turn out right for you,

rgds,

Martin

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Brigitte,

Warm welcome from me too ! :)
    Really nice to see you here !!!

Cheers/groetjes, Jan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.