Task Scheduler automatic login script?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by husker72, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. husker72

husker72 Registered Member

These fourms have been huge in helping me get the most out of TI. Until now, I've been able to lurk and get answers to questions. My problem now has prompted me to register to ask for help.

My situation right now is I have backup scheduled to run an TI 11 manual task on my tablet (running Windows Vista Business) through Windows Task Scheduler. The task schedular task wakes the computer fine, but the task fails to run as it does not get past the "login" screen. Having the option selected in the task scheduler to "run whether user is logged on or not" seems to have no effect.

My question is, can someone help with a batch file script that I can include or run prior to the task scheduler running? If so, I could just use a script that would wake the computer and log it on through task scheduler, then acronis tasks would run without having to incorporate them into windows task scheduler. Either way, I can make it work, but not without it automatically logging on for me. Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. husker72

husker72 Registered Member

I think I've exhausted every search possible for the solution to my previous question. Apparently there is no such way (which as simple as it would be, I'd imagine it'd be relatively easy to find).

That being said, has anyone found a way to wake a Vista machine from sleep mode (not hybrid or shutdown) and get TI to successfully run a full or incremental backup? Keep in mind there is no way for me to avoid having a user log on screen due to my organization's network policies.

I have tried the following:
    1. Have windows task schedular wake the computer with my user credentials (administrator credentials) and call up the TI backup task (options for run whether user is logged on or not).
    2. #1 but with "backup operator" credentials instead of my user credentials.
    3. Wake the computer with task schedular, then after 30 sec. delay acronis TI is scheduled to run. This results in the machine going back to sleep mode as has been documented proficiently in other posts.

There's enough brainpower on this board surely someone could offfer up a solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.