Task Manager showing spywareblaster.exe twice

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by puertorican_mex, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puertorican_mex

puertorican_mex Registered Member

I have Windows XP and I just updated to Spyware Blaster 4.0 (I had the previous version). For some strange reason the .exe of version 4.0 appears 2 times in Task Manager. I followed the directions before uninstalling the old version by disabling all protections and so forth. I went ahead and did a clean install of version 4.0 and it still shows 2 instances of spyware blaster. I uninstalled and installed again with the same result. This never happened with the other version. As far as I can tell it functions normally. I just don't understand why it's listed twice ( one shows more than 11MB of memory usage and the other one shows less than 400Kb) Has this happened to anyone? What can I do to correct this? I apologize if this thread has already been addressed.Thanks for your time.

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

The really strange thing is that SpywareBlaster should not be showing up at all in Task Manager. Unless of course you added a shortcut in your startup menu which is not necessary.

3. puertorican_mex

puertorican_mex Registered Member

It has to show up in Task Manager because when it is opened it is an active process. The .exe has to load up when updating the protections, taking a system snapshot, etc.. I deleted the shortcut in the start menu but it still has duplicate instances in Task Manager under processes. This is odd and I doubt I'm the only person to experience this.

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Now I understand a little better. I thought you meant it always showed in Task Manager. Just checked my Task Manager, two instances show up as well with the program open. Had never looked before. Guess we will have to wait for Javacool to check in and let us know.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

That is normal, expected behavior, and is part of the self-protection mechanisms that help prevent bad programs from maliciously modifying SpywareBlaster. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.