Task editor doesn't work for me either

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shieber, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Yes, even though I uninstalled 3633 and then installed 3666, the old tasks CANNOT be edited.

Dreadful!

I run my tasks form WinXP Task Scheduler and the tasks run okay and can be manually verified. But I can't edit the tasks in Acronis anymore -- I get the "E00640065: Cannot resolve the source path. Cannot resolve the pathto the source. You should edit this task." message and the suggestion that the task should be edited. Oy veh!

Someone said "A" for ingenuity but not so hot on quality. With Backup/Imaging/Clonging software, data integrity, and quality are of utmost importance. Justified confidence in the software is absolutely critical. O only wish the other products on the market weren't even worse. :(

I'm guessing the "source path" issue is a matter of a registry entry not being correctly created or updated when 3666 is installed.

I even created a new task to replace the one with the "source path problem" and the same error message comes up. Oh Acronis! SAy it isn't so!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  2. ChuckLit2

ChuckLit2 Registered Member

I am having the exact same problem

3. jeffg53

jeffg53 Registered Member

I just installed 3,666 without any previous versions, and have the same problem. I bought TI after reading great reviews. <snip> If this lot doesn't start behaving soon, I will be resuming my search.

removed off-topic comment - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2006
  4. shieber

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with installing where a previous version had been installed or uninstalled. I doubt that this is anything more than a simple "boo-boo" in the code that I'm sure they will soon fix.

5. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

This is more serious than "simple boo-boo". This is a major problem introduced in a new release. This is critical functionality suddenly broken in release 3666.

Let me be clear about what I am seeing:

• In build 3666 you cannot edit existing tasks.
    • In build 3666 you cannot edit a task you have just created.
    To summarize: In build 3666 the task editor is completely broken.

I consider myself more patient and forgiving than some, but here I am outraged. How could Acronis manage to break such a fundamental feature? And how could Acronis have failed to notice that it was broken before they released the product?

6. shieber

Well, that's not quite accurate. You can in 3666 edit tasks made for file and folder backup. Disk image backup tasks cannot be edited.

7. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

Thank you for that clarification. I was too discouraged to want to test it further myself :)

Unfortunately all my tasks are image tasks -- I don't use files/folders backup at all.

8. shieber

9. srdiamond

srdiamond Registered Member

Is even that accurate? Creating tasks is a function of the task editor. As is deleting tasks. Directly modifying tasks is what seems to be impossible. But this is relatively speaking a minor function of the task editor. Maybe I'm being pedantic, but it isn't just pedantry. Combining the ability to delete and to add allows reaching any desired task-state. Sometimes states are reached less efficiently than they should be.

My point: let's retain a sense of proportion. A bug that corrupts data or makes it inaccesible is a big deal. A bug that makes a somewhat out-of-the-ordinary job, modifying tasks, more burdensome is not earth-shaking.

The more relevant question in this sort of situation is how long can Acronis reasonably take before fixing the problem?

10. shieber

You can do those things for file and folders task, but not image tasks. I don't think anyone thinks that's how it should be. Obviously, it's an error in the compiled code. It's been about 3 business days, so far. Hopefully, it will be corrected before the end of the week.

Thre are still some rough spots, reportedly, involving DVDs and I suspect they will try to balance how long folks wait for fixes against issuing too many seperate fix-it builds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.