Task bar icon after trial period expires...

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by CelestialTeardrop, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop Registered Member

My trial period for AVG AS 7.5 has expired, but the system tray icon for the resident shield still appears each time I start/restart my computer (although it is gray).

If I open AVG and close it again (even without doing anything in the program), the icon will disappear, but it's back as soon as I restart or shut down/start up.

I can't use the "start with Windows" option (available by right clicking the system tray icon) since it is grayed/ghosted out.

Does anyone know how I can stop it from loading with windows? Or is it supposed to do that even after the trial period expired?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  2. CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop Registered Member

I deleted AVG-AS from the start-up list using CCleaner, and that "solved" the problem. Hopefully this will not interfere with the program?

However, if anyone can just confirm this it would be much appreciated: ewido 3.5 stopped loading the system tray icon as soon as the trial expired. Does AVG-AS do the same?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.