Taking "People Locating" To A Whole New Realm

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by networkuser123, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. networkuser123

networkuser123 Registered Member

Well this may seem strange and perhaps even n00bish of me to some of you, but after all the failures and deliberations I have been through trying to figure this out, I am more than happy to accept the title of both, as long as I can get an answer to this.

It goes like this. A buddy of mine (questioning relativity of the 'buddy' title) says he has got a method of locating people, as long as they use their real name on the Internet. Now this is not like your average 411 lookup. The search result brings up Names, addresses, ages, schools, workplaces, blogs, and even pictures of that person from wherever they may be on the net. (And NO, its not Google he's using). On top of all this, he completely refuses to let anyone else do a search from his "source" so he keeps all the information to himself, occaisonally sharing a picture of a long lost friend of mine with me. I dont know if its a software, or an internet based search, but whatever it is, its driving me insane.

Anyhoo, this being a security forum, and this being a weird topic not fitting in anywhere else, i thought i'd post it here where no one would have to move it around, however, that doesnt mean this isnt important. lol.

Someone please help me before my mind explodes. :eek:

2. dog

dog Guest

He's likely using Zabasearch.com :( :blink: :ninja:

3. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi networkuser123

There are lots of web sites and software programs to
    find info on people, but basically if you want more than name and address
    it will cost you.
    You can however find old school photographs on this site
    they have 2 of me.

http://www.worldschoolphotographs.com/wsp/index1.htm

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

isnt that knida of worrying that all you need to know is a persons full name to get all that info if someone found out all that info about me just like that i would be scared

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I think there should be some concern as to what is done with the full names entered by people who "fall" for those type of joke sites.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

doesnt the data protection act come in here somewhere? if you put your data on one site it shouldnt be one another one unless you let them

7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I think this should primarily concern people in USA, where apparently social security number is some sort of magic.
    Mrk

8. networkuser123

networkuser123 Registered Member

I'm Sorry, i forgot to mention this is a Canadian thing, we're here in Canada, and he seems to be finding all these people.

Anyhow, could you guys recommend some locating paysites or pay-softwares available to the public that could get this kind of information?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.