Takes 6 hours to analyze partitions?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BNThissucks, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BNThissucks

BNThissucks Registered Member

I completely rebuilt my drive and have 5 drives with 8 partitions, it wont even get past D, uprgraded to 2009 from 11 hopin that would fix, but same thing, and I have a 10000 rpm velociraptor. What a pile of crap, this sucks. I want my money back and will just use windows backup, the heck with this crap. Swear to god, start it before I go to bed and hope it will be done before I wake up. Now I remember why I stopped usin this crap before. Dont buy it, look at all these posts.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

BN:

Try the advice given in post #10 of this thread; it will probably solve your problem. This issue started occurring to TI users right after XP SP3 and Vista SP1 were released.

3. Ltuae

Ltuae Registered Member

I can confirm this excruciatingly long analysis time too.

I only have a simple setup: 6x SATA HDs plus 1x IDE HD (7 total physical drives, 8 total partitions) all in an independent volumes config -- no rocket science involved Mr Acronis, really -- plus one IDE DVD writer and 2x USB Card readers (built in to the monitor), and, upon each startup of ATIH2009 it takes what seems a lifetime just to get to the usable interface stage.

Without trying to play shill for the competition, again it's impossible to neglect comparisons to eg., Norton Ghost 14; which on the exact same PC, the latter is capable of peaceably executing its equivalent-same HWanalysis requirement at UI startup before without fear that its user reaches geriatric stage first.

Let's hope the Acronis hackers can sort this issue too, and promptly -- or is the company THAT determined to win the Slothware of the Year award?

Hrrrmph! Ya can't get good code these days for love or money...

--
    Ltuae
    Beatings will continue until morale improves.

4. barneyz

barneyz Registered Member

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please note that to expedite the process of Acronis True Image Home 2009 startup you should install the latest build of SnapAPI program, that differs from the ones provided in the previous posts.

I may recommend you to use our Live Chat service here in order to obtain the necessary file.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.