Take care when running some file types with "double click"

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ssj100, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I also enjoy the pop up free updates by disabling Defnce plus at that time. :D
    BTW I don,t bother to update so often except my security software.

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Usually not as updates of such programs don,t bring too much changes in the the way an application works. Most CFP rules remain same, just few pop ups.

As i said I mainly update my browsers and security soiftware. CCleaner like applications.... hmmm.... i don,t mind to use a 6 months old version.

3. arran

arran Registered Member

But when using Windows Picture and Fax Viewer you can't view images in FULL screen mode, full screen as in the same size of you monitor. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer doesn't allow it.

4. arran

arran Registered Member

Yes I am saying that with 3rd party like FastStone the picture takes up the entire screen. And No it doesn't distort the image.

you should download and try FastStone Image Viewer in VM.

5. trismegistos

trismegistos Registered Member

In a vulnerable or unpatched system, you don't even have to double click those files or view them on the default Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, merely browsing the folders containing those files with the windows explorer or hovering your mouse pointer over the exploit embedded image files, you will get owned or infected.

See my results on these wmf vulnerabilities testing with HIPS and Sandboxie...
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1532733&postcount=65

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1533166&postcount=69

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.