T8 Build 763 also hangs on systems with SATA/Promise 378

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Red Barchetta, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta Registered Member

Hello all,

I've seen a few threads stating that TI7 hangs on image restore on systems with SATA RAID 0 using the Promise 378 controller. Well.... the exact same problem is present with TI8.... Very dissapointing :mad: . More and more systems will be using SATA RAID and Acronis does not have a solution at present.

Below is the screen shot showing where TI8 hangs

I have 3 questions.

1. Does anyone know if TI8 ot TI7 works with VIA VT8237 SATA controllers (or anyother controller for that matter?)

2. Is there any version of TI that works with SATA Raid 0?

3. Does anyone know of any workarounds for an AMI BIOS?

Thanks in advance for your help.

My system specs are shown below.

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/RedBarchetta-screen_shot.JPG

2. Mariner2

Mariner2 Registered Member

Red Bachetta,
    just new to this forum and reading thru all the threads I came on yours.
    To answer your 2nd question: I am using 2 WD raptors in a raid0 array and using the intel sata raid controlers of my mobo. ( abit ic7-max3) . I have no problems with TI8 and raid 0.
    However my backup disk is on a silicon sata controler and this causes some problems. Disk beiing recognised as scsi.
    See my thread on this.
    mariner2
    :cool:

3. Red Barchetta

Thanks Mariner2,

I looked at your past threads. Are you saying that the Intel SATA controllers work but not the Silicon Image?

I'm also still trying to find out if anyone is using TI8 with the VIA VT8237 SATA controllers.

It would be nice to eventually compile a list of SATA controllers with respect to True Image functionality.....

Promise 378........................NO
    Intel ICH5R.........................YES
    VIA VT8237........................ ?
    Silicon Image 3112A.............NO

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Red,
    My core system specs detailed below. SiI 3112, using latest SataLink (non-RAID mode) driver, works ok for me under TI 8.0 Build 768. Also worked under latter builds of TI 7.0. I can also confirm these builds work for my ITI IT8212 GigaRAID ATA controller when operating in base mode (i.e. non-RAID).

However, life wasn't always so rosey!! I've had my fair share of problems with TI, Disk Director Suit and Drive Cleanser regarding their ability to detect either one or both of my hard drives/optical drives. I've lost count of the number of test ISOs I've downloaded on behalf of Acronis Support (on a 48kb dial-up connection :'( ) and the resultant report files/screen dumps/digital pictures sent back in return. Still, give the guys at Acronis their due, they've always managed to sort out my problems in susequent builds.

Unfortunately I don't have a RAID setup on either my SATA or ATA controllers so can't comment on that aspect of this thread. Sorry.

Regards

5. Loomes

Loomes Guest

VIA VT8273 ---> NO

2x Samsung SATA SP0812C HDD (Raid-0)

Making Backup under Win XP ....OK

Boot from the rescue CD and the Raid-0 will shown as "Wechseldatenträger"!

6. Loomes

Loomes Guest

I forgot

My Mainboard is a "Epox 8KRA2+" and the Bios Version of SATA Raid Controller is 2.41!

7. Red Barchetta

Acronis Support,

Would it be possible to at least comment on the possibility of a fix for this problem? I'm not looking to get a refund but I would like to explore other software if you think that supporting SATA/RAID 0 will not be possible in the near future with your software.

Regards

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Thank you for your input.

Actually, we are working on that matter already and hope to release a fix in the upcoming builds.

Thank you.

9. Galvin

Galvin Registered Member

In december I plan on putting together an AMD system. I wont be using sata raid. Just two sata disks. Will the boot cd's be able to see these disks on the VIA K8T800 pro?

THis goes for trueimage and disk diurector suite.

Thanks

Also I like how the disk director suite has a windows enterface on the bootcd. very impressed with that.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Galvin --

Well, actually by that time I believe all the problems with most used controllers and chipsets should be sorted out. But time will tell if we manage to do it by that time, though most likely it will be doen as I've said above.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.