T-Mobile will pay a $48 million fine for throttling 'unlimited data' plans

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ronjor, Oct 19, 2016.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

by Russell Brandom @russellbrandom Oct 19, 2016, 10:34a

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I hope next in line is StraightTalk. Was quite content sporting my unlocked Huawei Mate with monthly until a couple months ago out of the blue they throttled the pee in only (2) weeks. Called tech support to report it, had me wait on the line about a whole hour while they did, well whatever it is they do, or was supposed to do to reset my data. Long story short, the reset never materialized even after I was assured it would be and so that's it for them.

Throttle happy ST just like T-Mobile and i'm sure other providers get a rise in pulling this off to what end? conserve a few GB's of hi speed data? No, force you to fork out EARLY for restored data speeds or in the case of contract customers, force them to buy a higher plan.

That was it for me. I've made other arrangements and am about thru with all these providers until they stop being so dam tight.

3. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

What other arrangements did you make, did you switch to another carrier? I am trying metropcs, which is a tmobile mvno, they are supposed to offer truly unlimited 4g on their 60/month plan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.