Systweak AntiSpyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maddawgz, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

anyone heard of this one?

http://systweakantispyware.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  2. Tokar

Tokar Registered Member

looks cool. I gave it a quick run through...its an MS Certified Partner, so the program looks a lot like Windows Defender, but feels more like Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1...

Scan:
    Very clear scan progress. Very fast "Fast Scan". Fast deep scan (took about 12.5min). Very clear results list. Database looks to have a lot of old items (RealVNC >:|). Tracking cookies are shown as one item, but a lot of cookies show up as individual infections, similar to what PCTools does. To see details about item, a new window pops up (blehhh).

Real-time protection:
    nice organization to it. It didnt seem to care that i was changing my IE homepage - no alerts at all.

Scheduled scan:
    nice organization to the schedule settings

Settings:
    kind of limited settings.

System Explorer:
    It shows up as a tab in the program, but is provided as a separate EXE which runs. It is pretty neat. It is like all those programs which you see which shows all things setup on your PC (startup, BHO, context menu entries, appinit, drivers, services, etc.). It is really well done. While it looks a lot better than other programs doing the same task, I think those other programs are standalone apps meant to do the task System Explorer does, so the features of those programs are probably better. This program is more of a "here is what is on the PC" type deals.

Of course the big negative is that the trial is one of those scan-and-no-removal deals. Gotta pay up to get access to remove stuff, similar to Spyware Doctor trial :p. What I really like, though, is that they give you the ability to pay for a license by month ($3/mo), by quarter year ($9/quarter), half year ($16/half year), or year ($29.95/year).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  3. ShizzySupra

ShizzySupra Registered Member

Pay to remove = :thumbd:

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

If it requires daily signature updates, it's not for me.

5. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Worth checking out-seemed to detect more low level infections than ZAAS.

Havent had time to check all the entries yet,but the infections seem genuine,rather than the usual buyer enticing false positives.

For example detected a Cydoor registry entry(remnant of a previous delete?),not picked up by ZAAs,which I had to delete manually.

Thereupon,a new scan didn't claim a false positive of the same entry.

Nice interface,comprehensive functions.

6. ShizzySupra

ShizzySupra Registered Member

Tested it on a clean base, no false detections but alarmingly fast "Deep Scan". 3 minutes 52 seconds. Don't really know what it's actually doing. Memory usage was 19k-21k while idle and 46k during scanning. Interface was run of the mill. Upon uninstall it offers you a free copy if you sign onto TrialPlay and take one of their offers.

I will test it against my resident bulldog: SUPERAntiSpyware Pro. But I am not expecting much.

7. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

Systweak is same company, who was offering 3 year license of KIS with its one of product.

8. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

The scanner is freaky fast (2 min 2 sec) I wonder how good the detection really is¿?

Attached Files:

9. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

The company also came up with this marketing gem-

"Download a free fully-functional trial version'

10. toughguy

toughguy Registered Member

11. goldengeek

goldengeek Registered Member

I really liked this one..................
    much lighter than the heavy weight monster Spyware Doctor...

Also detected registry keys from Virtumonde ..which were left by SD
    Already purchased a one year license ...Seems a good company coming in secur:thumb: ity

12. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

D/l and ran the full trial version, it did find a trojan in system32 folder along with some tracking cookies. Cookies are no big deal, however that trojan did worry me. I then ran SAS targeted for that particular folder, but nothing has been found. Then....

Whom do you trust ? is the common question you need to deal with. Toss the coin I guess, head or tail ? o_O

13. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

I guess grab a copy of the *suspect* file and upload to VT for malware checking first.
    http://www.virustotal.com/

14. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Perman, did it flag the script.ini at this location - C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts

Uploaded to Virus Total and came up clean:

15. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

will try as well curious to see what it can do

16. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Uninstall right away. Did not like it.

latest updates 30 november??

17. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

I think, KIS is more than enough :-*

18. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, fcukdat and Fanaklin:

Thanks for the advice.

I uploaded to Virustotal, the result is a clean bill, I also scan with Prevx2, nothing suspicious as well.

It is a system file, when opened with Notepad, it appears to be a program's registration code. Perhaps harmless, but why would a reg code sit in system 32 folder ? And I can not trace back where does it belong to. o_O

Take care.

19. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

You could open regedit and do a search for the reg code.May find the apps name in there?

20. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Ok I tried this. Very quick scan. Found 26 items in the registry. All false positives. Gamespy,Limewire,Frostwire..........all legit programs. A Squared free also tells me Gamespy is bad. LOL. SuperAntiSPyware and Spyware Terminator are my 2 favorite with no false positives.

21. SystweakSupport

SystweakSupport Registered Member

We at Systweak Antispyware take great care and a lot of research to build our database. We have a dedicated team of professionals involved in comprehensive research of the same. However it may be possible that there may be some false positives detected. We work round the clock to rectify any search such problems in our database. We have analyzed the reported False Positives and made changes to our database accordingly. We request you to kindly update to the latest definitions and run scan again to confirm the False Positive has been resolved.

For any suggesstions, complaints and queries. Please mail us at

Systweak AntiSpyware Support Team
    Antispyware.support@systweak.com

22. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Anyone want to try this again? I moved on. Keeping my trusty SuperAntiSpyware and Counterspy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.