system volume information scan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by richfocker, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richfocker

richfocker Registered Member

Can NOD32 V3 clean an infection it detected from the system volume information or will this corrupt the restore points? I know that normally you need to delete all system restore points if they are infected but NOD32 gives the option to clean when it finds an infection there also. Does this actually work with system volume information? If not should these just be excluded form any scans and deleted manually when a system infection is found? Thanks.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It depends on whether the currently logged user has read/write access to the "System Volume Information" folder.

3. richfocker

richfocker Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm running XP Pro on an account with admin rights. So then, NOD32 will clean out any infections from the system volume files and they will be clean and not be corrupted in case I do a restore from them? Just wanted to make sure that a manual deletion of all the restore files would not be required anymore when using NOD32.

4. viruscraft

viruscraft Registered Member

IMO,in most case,the system restore is useless depends on its mechanism.

I suggest you to use some professional backup software such as NORTON GHOST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.