System Volume Backup not Created

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tropical36, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tropical36

tropical36 Registered Member

True Image 2009 Home build 9709 says that the backup has not been created, but I do have it on an external hard drive. Now if I try to do it again to satisfy this WARNING, and also bring it up to date it won't do anything, except sit there as a scheduled run. I've tried everything including a run time of 5 minutes later than the present time, but nothing seems to work. The same problem exists on two different computers, one with XP PRO SP3 and one with XP Home SP3. I have another computer with XP PRO SP3 that I've never been able to do a backup with at all, even though it makes some attempt before stalling permanently.

2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

I assume that you have created a task for this backup?
    Can you post the entries of the Ti-log concerning the task?

3. tropical36

The entries for this new UNSCHEDULED TASK are...my computer backup2...status is...idle.....last run time...12am and then the owner's name.
    I keep trying to start it manually with the menu option, but this also produces nothing.
    I can't understand why it says that the last run time was at 12am, when there was no run time for that task.

4. Vlad V

Vlad V Registered Member

5. tropical36

System is running and set to automatic as indicated. Again, why won't the thing run as a manual operation like it did the first time? Why does it have a ...WARNING.... of the backup not being created in the ....PROTECTED STATE....when it has a record of the backup as....COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY....in it's log?
    The log still shows my UNSCHEDULED TASK of my computer backup2 as idle with a last run time of 12amo_O??

6. tropical36

UPDATE: Did a repair/reinstall which fixed it enough to let me do another backup, but the PROTECTION STATE still has this warning of the SYSTEM VOLUME BACKUP not being created, even though it has just been completed successfully for the second time as the log indicates.
    I gotta tell ya that no matter how good it might be, this is one crazy program and nothing needs to be this complicated to work right.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

tropical36, the issue you are experiencing is well-known, our developers are working to fix it. Meanwhile, you can ignore this message, it doesn't influence the program functionality.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

8. BruceBGordon

BruceBGordon Registered Member

Where are such "well known" issues listed. I just had to struggle to find this. It would be best if there were a list of known issues readily available.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BruceBGordon,

Unfortunately, this list is for internal use and we are unable to publish it. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

10. mitrajoon

mitrajoon Registered Member

This set of discussions occured in April. It is now June and this problem still exists, along with the sector 63 issue discussed in another thread. What are you all doing? Even Microsoft lists "known issues". That's more than common courtesy to your customers, it's common business sense.

Please confirm that even though I have a warning that says "system volume backup is not created" a) it is actually there and b) can be reinstalled if there is a system failure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.