System Volume Backup (Acronis Home 2009)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yontev, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yontev

yontev Registered Member

Please forgive me for this question. I am a low-level technical person and need an explanation for dummies kind of answer.

I just purchased Acronis Home 2009. I created an image back up on an external hard drive and also activated the Acronis Secure Zone. I thought I had done everything I need to. But when I go to System Information, I see that I also need to create a System Volume backup. What is a System volume backup? How do you determine when it might be necessary to restore it vs restoring the whole hard drive? And should I add it as an incremental backup to my current computer image or keep it as a completely separate image?

Thanks,

-N

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you make a full backup of the entire hard drive, you don't really need any other backup. Everything is included in the full backup.

The other backups are subsets. If you have a System Information backup, you could restore just that to see if it fixed a problem. Personally, I wouldn't bother. If a system is messed up, I want to put the whole system back to a reliable state. However, other TI users may have different opinons where the System State backup helped them.

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I also use ONLY full disk backups using True Image. I do backup My Documents but not with TI ... simply Windows Explorer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.