System Tray Icon Disappears

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HotTub, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HotTub

HotTub Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image Home 9.0 build 3633 with Windows XP and recently I noticed the True Image icon stopped showing up in the Windows System Activity Tray in the lower right hand corner whenever I did a backup or image validation. I found it handy for giving me an idea of the progress of the task that was running. I tried an Acronis repair reinstall and the icon works for one day but the following day the icon is gone again. Any ideas as to what I can try to get the icon to work all the timeo_O?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Try this:

right click on the little < at the left end of the system task bar and select Properties. A window will open, select Customize. Find the ATI icon on the list and click on it to select it then towards the right, select "Always Show".

This icon should remain showing regardless of how long it has been since you last used it.

3. HotTub

HotTub Registered Member

Well, I tried that idea and when Acronis is doing a backup, the status is "always show". Any Acronis past items showing had an always show status also.

I did an uninstall and reinstalled ATI. I then fired up Acronis and did a backup. The icon appeared in the system tray like it is suppose to do. The next morning a scheduled backup started and again no icon in the system tray. I did a manual backup validate and no icon showed for that either. I don't know what else to try. I hate to think I have to install Acronis daily to get the active icon to show in the system tray.

Problem is, scheduled backups are working fine but they start and end without me knowing it. Kind of a pain.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Well, such tray problems hit some people and not others.
    Sorry about your icon trouble. I have similar problems with Zone Alarm Security Suite when it runs in background. However, it appears tio be a problem few, if any, others share. I hear that MS finally got the system tray working correctly in Vista, or sort of anyway. ;-)

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HotTub,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that TrueImageMonitor.exe service is running in Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete).

If TrueImageMonitor.exe is not running, please click Start -> run, then type msconfig, choose Startup section and check TrueImageMonitor.

If the problem still persists, please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. HotTub

HotTub Registered Member

Acronis Support is right. TrueImageMonitor appears to be the problem. It is not running or even appears anywhere in the msconfig section so I can't check the box to get it to run. I wonder why both a repair install or complete install that I did does not fix this problem? To get around the situation for now, I dragged TrueImageMonitor program from the Acronis directory to the All Programs\Startup folder and so far the status icon appears like it is suppose to when I do a backup or validate.
    I thought TrueImageMonitor was a registry start. I think manually putting it into the startup folder like I did was more of a patch then a proper fix. Is there a better way to get TrueImageMonitor configured and running properly in Windows Task Manager then the way I did it?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HotTub,

Please do as Tatyana suggested: create Windows System Information and submit a request for technical support. This information would let us investigate the issue under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.